Big brane mod ideas

Started by zizard, March 27, 2019, 05:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zizard

First are some mods that would have a relatively large positive impact on game balance compared to the modding time.

1. Reduce installed bionics wealth claimed by myself
Currently the game excessively punishes bionics by the wealth contribution to raid size. I think this can be fixed by modifying the following code such that the commented "THIS LINE" is multiplied by a factor, ideally adjustable through mod options. A good value to start with would be 0.5. This will help make bionics a choice on higher difficulties, compared to the current optimal which is usually just leaving pawns disabled.

// RimWorld.PriceUtility
public static float PawnQualityPriceOffset(Pawn pawn, StringBuilder explanation = null)
{
   float num = 0f;
   List<Hediff> hediffs = pawn.health.hediffSet.hediffs;
   for (int i = 0; i < hediffs.Count; i++)
   {
      if (hediffs[i] is Hediff_AddedPart && hediffs[i].def.spawnThingOnRemoved != null)
      {
         float baseMarketValue = hediffs[i].def.spawnThingOnRemoved.BaseMarketValue; // <<< THIS LINE
         if (baseMarketValue >= 1f)
         {
            num += baseMarketValue;
            if (explanation != null)
            {
               if (explanation.Length > 0)
               {
                  explanation.AppendLine();
               }
               explanation.Append(hediffs[i].LabelBaseCap + ": " + baseMarketValue.ToStringMoneyOffset(null));
            }
         }
      }
   }
   return num;
}

2. Disable the "drop right on top of you" entrance type for friendlies
Currently calling friendlies is a bit of russian roulette because they can easily drop on your mortar shells or chemfuel or destroy your items. Possibly an XML one liner, not sure.

3. Allow weapon accuracy over 100%
Currently the accuracy-increasing-only weapon qualities (up to and including excellent) are basically useless for several guns like bolt and sniper because their accuracy is already very close to 100%. Allowing this to go over the cap, probably with a curve (e.g. halve the acc in excess of 100), will make quality meaningful for these weapons. I suspect this might be pretty easy because everything gets clamped properly to 100 at the end of the hit calculation anyway.

=====

Next are mods which are not just obvious fixes and would take more time / haven't investigated the required effort as much.

A. Employment agency trader
Brings pawns looking to join a colony. Functionally similar to slavers, but more expensive. Still comes occasionally even if you are over population cap. Currently there are limited options to obtain pawns peacefully. You can't recruit at all from a faction you're at peace with except for special events. If you think about it, it's kind of odd that your colony, allied to friendly outlanders, becomes filled with recruits from pirates and violent tribes. The employment agency trader would give some of the effects of hospitality for recruitment but in a much lighter weight mod. Also they should sell joywires lul.

B. Add rest condition to drug schedule
This might be pretty tough, but would make it possible to schedule wakeup for a death march. e.g. once a day when rest is below 25%.

zizard

Offering $5 bounty via paypal per mod.

zizard

Canute

The only modder you can hire is Jecrell.
Maybe visit him at his discord and ask him. :-)

zizard

Alright so I implemented installed bionic wealth discount myself. It's a tiny harmony postfix. Would anyone else actually use it?

[attachment deleted due to age]