refugee being chased options

Started by Bobisme, March 27, 2019, 06:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

Usually it will say refugee chased at blah blah and asks for shelter ...i'd like to see the option to ask them questions, each time the degree of them getting caught increases, rather than just, not knowing anything..

E.G first question:

What did you do to survive..? (chance of loosing refugee is increased by 10% die roll ) "i was a cave world illuminator"
then you can ask the next one for a higher risk of loss
Why are you running..? i'm, i'm hideously ugly, or, i light fires.. (+30% to lose, roll die)
How can you help us..?   I'm a brawler? (+60% to lose, die roll)

The refugee screams through the radio as he is killed by the faction of meat grinders..

I figure something along those lines, you get to know more about them and prisoners quests etc, at the risk of loosing them. :D

Limdood

and if they die, your whole colony gets a long term mood penalty?

cuz refusing someone who asks for help flat out seems a lot less cold hearted than making them prove their worth at cost of imminent death...

"Hey man, can you spare some change?"
"Sorry, no"
Everyone carries on with their lives.

vs.

"Hey man, can you spare some change?"
"That depends, how'd you end up like this?"
"Just some hard times is all"
"What are you planning on doing with this money to better yourself?"
"I just need some food and money get a place to stay out of jail!"
"I see, and what do....oh look, the cops are here.  Oh well, too late!  Have fun in jail!"
Everyone around you is looking aghast at you and shaking their heads...

Bobisme

yeah that too, if you dig into it they get upset -8 mood 'jim seemed nice, we let him die'

Kirby23590

What about them being chase by Mechanoids or a Manhunting pack of Wargs?

"Well crap we just let Jim get shredded by those scythers or torned into pieces by those manhuntin' animals... Poor guy... -6 mood"

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

TK3600

Or option to tell them gtfo after saving them. I agreed to save you not have you join.