Empty map bug

Started by tsmt1001, April 01, 2019, 05:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmt1001

I have seen this a few times, but now that I actually have an account here, I figured I'll report it. The bug manifests itself like this - my caravan arrives to a quest tile, and there is no map. Everything is dark, and pawns are not placed, it's like they arrived into a void. The only option at this point is to reload the auitosave and reroute the caravan. I don't remember if I had this problem on the first couple of colonies, before I added mods, but I did fewer quests then, as I was just getting a feel for the game.

I uploaded debug log here, maybe someone can figure it out. But basically, as that tile is generated, this message is logged multiple times:

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.ExitMapGrid.GetCellBool (int) <0x0005f>
at Verse.CellBoolDrawer.RegenerateMesh () <0x00272>
at Verse.CellBoolDrawer.ActuallyDraw () <0x00028>
at Verse.CellBoolDrawer.CellBoolDrawerUpdate () <0x00027>
at Verse.ExitMapGrid.ExitMapGridUpdate () <0x00079>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate_Patch2 (object) <0x00120>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () <0x0007a>

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.WeatherManager.DrawAllWeather () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CameraDriver.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/d6c821e91750a981f38e70c5aba5ae5d

Adding: this may have something to do with desert environment. When I had a colony in a forest, most of my quest destinations were in a forest of some type, and I have not encountered this issue at all. But when I had a colony in a desert or on the edge of it, and my quests were also mostly in the desert, I've seen this bug over and over.

Canute

Hi,
and another one bite the dust. Didn't read that this subforum is basicly for vanila bugs.

Quoteat RimWorld.WeatherManager.DrawAllWeather
Some mod cause problems with the weather, i would call "Nature's Pretty Sweet:" as troublemaker.
You should ask the mod author about it.