[1.1] Level Up!

Started by krafs, April 02, 2019, 03:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Quote from: krafs on April 09, 2019, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: Kori on April 09, 2019, 11:41:34 AM
It's strange that it was working before the update.

So, I just couldn't shake this feeling that I'd missed something. You said that it worked before, and it shouldn't have, unless I was wrong about something. I did some more digging, and it seems I was wrong. The mods can be compatible with each other. I just needed to revert to a specific code design that I used in v1.0.0. It was just a small entry that decided where the mod is implemented.

I haven't updated the mod on Steam yet. I wanted to ask you if you'd try it out first. It's on GitHub. You probably need to unsubscribe on steam before adding it. Wanna help me out? :)

That's great, of course I want to! :)

Kori

Everything works like a charm now with all my (too many) mods, just wonderful!  :)

Again all mod settings were disabled by default after switching to the new version, just as a heads-up.

Thank you so much for your help!

krafs

Awesome! Thanks for testing.

However, this mod and Static Quality Plus are competing for the same method in the RimWorld codebase, so it's not perfect. The method in question relates to Passion Gain and Daily XP Cap in SQP, and I am probably overriding those features in 1.0.3 now. Basically, everything else should work, but those particular features in SQP won't.

Also still can't understand why the mod settings reset. I'm gonna have another look at that. Might take me a day or two before I update Steam. Again, thanks for the help!

krafs

1.0.3 The 'Static Quality Plus' Hotfix

- Added compatibility with mod Static Quality Plus 1.1.
- Hopefully resolved issue where mod settings occasionally reset.

krafs

1.0.4 The 'Letter' Update

- Added option of receiving a letter on leveling. Disabled by default.
- Adjusted volume of sound notifications.

krafs

1.0.6 The 'Additional Sound' Update

- Sound effect for level up is now selectable. Available sounds are Classic (default) and Punchy.

Thanks Scott Wilco, who kindly created and provided the Punchy sound effect.

randomperson415012

Hey!

Thank you for your mod!

I'd like to report a sort of "bug". My pawn's construction level keeps reaching 20 then going down to 19 then up to 20 again, and that spams the sound effects that I very much like, just not at that rate.

I don't know the proper way to fix this issue, but I have an idea. You could provide us an option to only see it the first time when the skill reaches level 20, and then it would only show again IF it downgraded to level 18 (eighteen) OR some threshold in between level 18-20, or only after some time. (up to you, whatever suits you for me at least is perfect).

Thank you

krafs

Quote from: randomperson415012 on July 03, 2019, 06:11:21 PM
You could provide us an option to only see it the first time when the skill reaches level 20, and then it would only show again IF it downgraded to level 18 (eighteen) OR some threshold in between level 18-20, or only after some time.

Thanks! I'm glad people are enjoying it.

Yeah, it's a problem. The same thing happens at lvl 9 and 10, pawns leveling up and down in a fast pace, and receiving lots of notifications. I solved that temporarily by giving the option of never alerting when pawns go from 10 to 9 (Mod Settings: 'Silent Lvl10-9'). It's not perfect, but it seems to work well enough. Hmm... But maybe a timer could work. No notifications if a pawn has leveled up or down within a certain amount of time. I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback!

krafs

1.0.9 The 'Notification Timer' Update

- Added experimental option to the mod settings - Notification Timer.

It is another workaround for those who constantly experience pawns leveling up and down. This allows the player to set the number of seconds that must pass between each level notification for an individual pawn.

randomperson415012

I'm glad to be of help!

So, I'll test the modification. Thank you for listening!

krafs

1.0.9.3 The 'SQP Version' Bugfix

- Fixed issue where players using Level Up! and Static Quality Plus 1.2 wouldn't receive level notifications.

Issue was caused by SQP having been updated to 1.2, changing the mod name from Static Quality Plus 1.1 to Static Quality Plus 1.2. This caused Level Up! to not realize the conflicting mod was running, resulting in Level Up! not working at all.

Any future updates from SQP should now work, regardless of version suffix in its mod name.