[Mod Request] Bounty mod

Started by Derux, April 02, 2019, 06:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derux

I really like the idea of this mod and I am surprised no one has done this before where bounties are assigned to faction leaders, world pawns or some random enemy pawns during raids. If for example you catch a pawn with a bounty, you can either deliver the wanted pawn to a faction that their own faction is hostile to, getting a relationship + and - for the 2 designated factions, you also get hefy amount of $$$ depending if the pawn is a faction leader or just some random pawn. (all of the communication is via Comm Console ofc). In addition, you can also deliver them dead but only getting half the amount $$$ while also getting half of the faction relationship boost.

Kirby23590

A very neat idea... I kinda support this...

But since your guys might mostly kill the Wanted Target, it might be tough capturing him or her and returning the Bounty to the nearest settlement of the Faction that have to give him or her to...

However, What if you captured the Bounty and Actually recruited him or her? Will that kinda make the faction that gave you the bounty get all mad and fuzzed up by loosing goodwill with them?

Besides the bounty has to be worth it to if they are giving free gifts along with silver like "Orbital Bombard Targeters" ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Trunken

I like that. Someone should do this

KozmoD

Really nice idea, I could see that being added to the More Faction Interactions mod.

Lets expand that a little. Someone raids your base, your best shot kills 3 or 4 raiders. The survivors tell the rest of their group about your colonist and how dangerous he/she is.
Your pawn now is marked as "Wanted" and theres a good amout of Silver/good items to the one that brings its head. Alive, Dead or Incapacitated (maybe with a leg cut off or so).
The next raid comes with an extra, the raiders will actively attack and try to kill/capture the Wanted pawn of yours. Maybe even a bounty hunter will show up, and try to capture the target by force.
Also, randomly you would get a message about a random pawn that was also marked as Wanted with the specific conditions and prizes for it.

Sees like a very fun mod, someone needs to do it!

Canute

At this way, each raid your survive will be stronger and stronger, because the bounty of your people are raising.
Do you realy thing that is a good idea ?

Kirby23590

Actually i think it was supposed to be hunting for raiders not colonists...

But hey i like a challenge. Also free meats for cannibals and of course human raiders and free organs!

Seems like those high bounties from RDR2 except in Rimworld...

But doesn't make sense from pirates putting bounties on your head and tribals but it makes more sense from outlanders doing that... I prefer fighting human raiders since they are more fun and that they drop free weapons and stuff compared to mechanoids.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

KozmoD

Lore-wise you can say that the Pirates lied to other settlements about your faction, like "they are cannibals, sell organs and made couches out of my family. We THE PIRATES are scared". For tribals you can say they told your faction is "Rim-god's enemy" or some other weird thing about myths and stuff.