Game won't start up. It keeps crashing at "initializing" and has an error code.

Started by Todd, April 03, 2019, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

So I recently downloaded a few, small, quality of life mods that I didn't think would do anything. Turns out I was wrong. Now the game won't start up, which was happening yesterday and I fixed it by rearranging the mod load order and uninstalling a mod that I knew was incompatible with the mods I already had. Now today, I load up the game it keeps crashing at Initializing again. But this time, it has an "oops!" message pop up when the game crashes.  it says . "The crash report folder named '2019-04-03_155420" next to game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!". So yeah, here I am telling someone about it at least. I'm just gonna reload the mod order again by restarting the game in offline mode and then again in online mode. I can't include a savegame file, since the game won't even start. But I have the logfile. If anyone can actually help me and ELI5 if the solution is found, that would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Todd

So good news! I got it up and running again and here's the debug log that opened up when the game did.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Todd

So im not the sharpest tool in the shed because when I loaded up a game it wouldent because i didnt even have any mods on! even though i loaded out the order and everything! I guess it's cause I downloaded the mod manager app. But still. Wasting a lot of time here just to play the game.

Todd

So turns out i did have the mods loaded but for some reason its as if everytime i restart the game it doesnt think any of the mods are up. So i just reinstalled the game. Now it doesn't even think i have any mods subscribed when I obviously do. I don't know what to do know cause it looks like this games just gonna be unplayable for me now for no good reason.

Smurfslayer93

Canute

Hi,
about your active/subscribed mods i can't help thats a steam issue and i don't use steam.

But when you use mod, you should be sure these mod's are for the version you use, older then B19 mod won't work at 1.0 and some B19 can work.
When you got "Malformated" error or warning you can ignore.

But when you add/subscribe new mod's you shouldn't activate them all at once, check the log window if error's (red text) pop up. You should avoid these mods and better ask at the mod discussion about it before you use them.
Every error that show up on Rimworld start increase the chance that you have later a critical error that prevent you from playing.