6 interesting game development tools for new developers (free download)

Started by nut43150tier1, April 05, 2019, 10:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nut43150tier1

Developing each game for us to play, who knows how difficult it is because it requires a lot of programming knowledge and code writing, and many people are interested in the development of this game. But if still do not know where to start or what tools to develop Today, we would like to introduce a game development tool that is suitable for novice learners to develop to professionals, but would like to develop skills to add 6 numbers together.

GameMaker

In GameMaker, this is a popular and easy-to-use 2D game development tool, with a simple interface that is not cluttered with beautiful colors, including creating drag and drop games. This is a small mini game. Also, the program can be created on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android. Therefore, do not worry about making the game out, there will be no operating system to support and most importantly, free download as well.

Cocos2D (for intermediate users)

For this tool, it is suitable for 2D game developers on mobile platforms and also uses C ++ language for development, so it is suitable for intermediate users with programming knowledge but the disadvantages are that the graphics are not beautiful How much But for anyone interested in developing a 2D mobile game, Cocos2D is the best choice.

Unreal Engine 4 and Unity (for advanced users)

This 2 game development tools will have the advantage that it can create 3D work, starting with Unity, which is a 3D and 2D game development program, using C # to write, as well as a neat interface and if the user develops 3D games What Unity has added is the Z axis that we can move forward with. And can be developed on Windows, Mac, Xbox, Playstation, Android and iOS

The Unreal Engine 4, now commonly used in C ++, is developed and can support both PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Xbox One and Playstation 4. Within the interface, there are tools to develop 3D models or systems. Build terrain, but both of these methods are quite complex and detailed, so it is suitable for experienced developers.

Twine / RPG Maker (for writers)

Not everyone who is suitable for writing games, but if someone who is not a programming expert but has writing skills or storytelling, using Twine and RPG Maker seems to be the best solution by RPG Maker. The program used to create 2D RPG games using click-and-drag objects, making it easy to use and creating RPG games. There is no such thing as a dialogue in RPG Maker. The box containing words such dialogue.

www.ufa365s.com
And the last program is the Twine, a program that does not require code knowledge, can be done because creating this game will be a Mind Map link which is similar to an alternative game or old RPG game To see just the characters and use imagery that is suitable for users who are capable of telling good stories or describing through characters well

All of this, if anyone is interested, can download at the link below.

Kirby23590

Hey Game Maker and RPG Maker user here...

Glad i'm not alone right here, and yeah i kinda used both GM and RPG Maker in the past like when i was a 14 and a teenager...

I made some fan games that i never released in Game Maker and some Trolling Rpg Maker games to torture my brother to test them in the past...

I still have them mostly the updated versions like Game Maker Studio and RPG Maker XP (I prefer the tilesets and the style of XP) and mostly i have improved on them by making definitely original games and not fan games or some troll games... Also have unity for practicing on making 3D games though which is what Rimworld uses for it's engine and other games like Enter the Gungeon and Parkitect... :)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.