Mod Request Digimon in rimworld?

Started by TheMaskedCrusader, March 31, 2019, 11:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMaskedCrusader

So this is a request and a question, would adding Digimon to Rimworld be possible?. I mean in the sense of either, Digimon roam the world like most creatures and you can tame them/play as Digimon. I looked across this forum, trying to find something similar, but had no luck. Which leads me to believe, that either there is no Digimon rimworld fan overlap or no one has thought to try and implement it. So my humble request to the modders of rimworld would such a thing be possible?.

togfox

That would be fun to 'catch em all'.

(excuse the cross-over).

TheMaskedCrusader

It's all good, it's nice to see there are pokemon fans here as well  :)

togfox

You could have different 'creatures' inhabit different zones/climates/biomes. If you did want to catch them all - or a specific one - you'd have to travel to find them.

TheMaskedCrusader

Yeah, I image that would be the ideal set up. But unfortunately, I lack any modding skills. That is why I came here to see if one could be made.

JesseJamesZ9

Adding new animals to RimWorld is one of the easier mods you can attempt. Would you be looking to add more than just monsters though? Do they need to evolve/level up/have trainable stats? All those things would be more difficult to add.

On the note of Pokemon (since I know nothing about Digimon) It is really easy to add creatures in that would change graphics/title as they get older. So Charizards would lay eggs that hatch into Charmanders which grow into Charmeleons and then finally reach adulthood as Charizards.
That's all very do-able.

KozmoD

Adding animals that change form would be easy enough, but the main thing about Digimon, differently from pokemon, is the branching evolution. The same digimon can have different final forms, that do different things, have different stats.
Idk if any of thoses things are doable.
On top of that, it would be a huge work of art, every Digimon has at least 6 forms, from Baby to the Mega stage.

TheMaskedCrusader

Haven't checked this forum for awhile, but Im glad to see more responses. I plan on, when I get the abilty and the skills to mod rimworld. Making a digimon mod and I appreciate all the suggestion given. Also I would probably put the digimon from digimon world 1 and the anime in first. Mostly likely to their ultimate level.