pause on butcher considers insect meat, can't stop it :/

Started by Bobisme, April 06, 2019, 05:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

would be nice to get the pause to consider the things it is allowed to butcher via the bill, when calculating how much meat we have. At the moment it is considering my butchered insects from another bill and my pawns have no meat.

And on the other hand, if increase the amount to be butchered and we are low on insect meat we get an excess surplus.

Otherwise a brilliant feature.

jacob814

I dont think I follow? Meals can be disallowed to to use insect meat, there is no good reason to use insect meat for food either...
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Limdood

Quote from: jacob814 on April 11, 2019, 12:02:48 PM
I dont think I follow? Meals can be disallowed to to use insect meat, there is no good reason to use insect meat for food either...

I think he's talking about a "butcher" bill that he's set up to butcher animals until he has X meat, and then unpause at Y meat.

The game considers insect meat as "meat" so if he butchers til he has 1000 meat, and then unpause at 500, and meanwhile he uses a different butcher bill to butcher "just insects" - if those insects add up to 500 or more meat, his normal butcher bill, for meat for meals, will never unpause.

It's a problem of his original butcher bill only producing meat suitable for meals (i'm assuming insect and human excluded), BUT the game won't differentiate between output that the original bill can make, and things like human or insect meat, when his butcher bill is set to "do until X"

It is most definitely a problem with weapon, apparel, stonecutting, and butcher bills

Bobisme

Yeah, i'm going to have to just stop butchering insect meat until i am ready to use it for now, bit of a pain having to halt butchering processes to ensure it doesn't go to pot.

The pause feature is an excellent implementation but it is majorly let down by it's inability to distinguish bills, etc.

BlackSmokeDMax

I believe "Butcher's Can Count Meat" used to distinguish between the two. ( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37177.0 )

Though it seems it hasn't been updated since A18.