[1.0] RWMS -- RimWorld ModSorter .. RimWorld mod sorter (Windows, Linux, OSX)

Started by shakeyourbunny, April 07, 2019, 07:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakeyourbunny

Yes, RWMS does a traditional sort by hand-tuned scoring weight and does not consider the dependency tags, which were not standardized like in the current iteration.

ruPal

Hi, shakeyourbunny. Do not rush, the changes may be reverted back on Ludeon side. Afaik they are discussing that. Give it some time.

Netrve

Hmm, I don't know how much time or motivation I will have, but I'm currently looking into overhauling the database and the code a bit to properly conform to the 1.1 Update. I also plan on supporting the dependency tags within the About.xml, but I will have to see how that goes.

Shakeyourbunny, would you mind if I open a new thread for RWMS 1.1? The next release I have coming up moves the URLs to my fork and already has some unknown mods added, but I do plan on changing the format of the database. So I'm not sure if it is best to keep this in the same thread or not.

For those interested, the new version can be found on the BitBucket repo already: https://bitbucket.org/Dakraid/rwms/downloads/rwms_sort-0.96.2.1-unofficial-win.zip

Sinza

Quote from: Netrve on February 29, 2020, 10:29:25 PM
Hmm, I don't know how much time or motivation I will have, but I'm currently looking into overhauling the database and the code a bit to properly conform to the 1.1 Update. I also plan on supporting the dependency tags within the About.xml, but I will have to see how that goes.

Shakeyourbunny, would you mind if I open a new thread for RWMS 1.1? The next release I have coming up moves the URLs to my fork and already has some unknown mods added, but I do plan on changing the format of the database. So I'm not sure if it is best to keep this in the same thread or not.

For those interested, the new version can be found on the BitBucket repo already: https://bitbucket.org/Dakraid/rwms/downloads/rwms_sort-0.96.2.1-unofficial-win.zip

Just tried your updated Fork and it works as expected. It also threw out quite a few unknowm mods. Here's the list just because i'm not sure if it should be posted to the original issue tracker.
Thank you!

rawrfisher

Is it normal for it to hang for a couple seconds then run a bunch of text and close without confirmation of any kind?
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

D.F.N.

Unknown mod list. Win10. Steam. Thank you for all your efforts!

Netrve

Quote from: rawrfisher on March 21, 2020, 01:09:13 AM
Is it normal for it to hang for a couple seconds then run a bunch of text and close without confirmation of any kind?

That usually means something went wrong (so basically it error'd). I sadly can't remember right now if RWMS writes a log or not, but if you start a CMD or PowerShell and then run RWMS through it, it will show the error.

Overall I have been working on a re-implementation of RWMS in Go, which comes with an UI and an extended sorting algorithm based on RWMS' current method. Work has been slow though, the situation worldwide and personally have been quite tiring which have drained a lot of time and motivation on my end. I will still try to get it done, but at what point I can't say (if at all).

Until then RimPy does provide a good sorting as well, and should its source be released by Paladin, I will be working in incorporating RWMS' functionality into it as an alternative sorting method.

rogertheshrubb3r

Quote from: Netrve on February 29, 2020, 10:29:25 PM

First of all, thanks for keeping this tool alive. Second, if you intend on on updating it, can you add an option to work with a local database (maybe configurable in the config file)? I suppose it shouldn't be too hard and could come in handy.

sirskips

===============================================================================================================================
06-24-2020 02:31:05
Rimworld Conflict Checker Started!

Code: https://github.com/biship/RimworldConflictChecker
Details: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25305
Please report any bugs either on GitHub, or the Ludeon forum thread.

Build: RELEASE Wed 09/18/2019  8:11:21.09

Results of the checks are written to file RCC.txt in this folder.

Currently implemented checks:
   The same nameDef defined in 2 or more mods
   The same DLL in 2 or more mods
   Core nameDefs over writen by a mod
   DLL's not in the Assemblies folder
   Checks versions of mod against RimWorld version
   Identifies possibly corrupt mods (partially implemented)
Checks to be possibly added in the future:
   Check XML inheritance: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0
   Check if CCL is compatible with RimWorld.
   Check if root, tag, defname are valid (by parsing core)
   Check if a mod is valid - needs about.xml, at least one XML or dll.
   Check if mod exists twice. a) based on folder name & b) based on About.xml name.
   Check if a mod's defname conflicts with another defname of the same mod
   Change output to tabbed tables in a Windows Form
   and more...
===============================================================================================================================
06-24-2020 02:31:05
Checking GitHub for updates. This will timeout after 10s...

Successfully got version data from GitHub
You are running version : 0.0.1.2
Latest version on GitHub: 0.0.1.2
06-24-2020 02:31:06
Parameters and folders:

Command Line Parameters:

Show detailed log: True
Consider every installed mods as active: False

Folders:

Folder 1 : Found RimWorldWin in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld
Folder 2 : Found ModsConfig.xml in : C:\Users\Admin\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config
Folder 3 : Not able to find subfolder Core in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods
Quitting.

Ranze61

CactussCraze

How do I actually go about installing this? I wanna get back into rimworld but dont have the motivation to sort my mod load order anymore. The link provided doesnt really contain instructions. Unless im missing something.

Canute

The main tool itself don't get update anymore.
Not sure how the fork of this tools work with 1.2 since the last posting is from february.

RimPy got some mod sorting too (and the bonus you can download easyly workshop mods with it).
But basicly you don't need any special load order anymore.
Rimworld support now load before/after and require mod by default.
So unless some modder create an super incompactible mod, you just could use the sort button at rimworld.
And you still should avoid mods that modify/add the same thing like EPoE and RBSE.

shakeyourbunny

The script ist not maintained anymore, you are free to reuse it as a base for your own, with the following caveats:
- don't use the same name RWMS (but you can name it "RWMS continued" or something).
- include the contributor credits to the database, if you are using it.

Currently it is unfit for 1.1+ and development was discontinued as the basic same functionality is now integrated in RimWorld itself and it needs a major rewrite to support the introduced dependencies from About.xml. Main difference is that all mods known to RWMS have been categorized and theoretically this - alongside with the builtin dependencies - would give a better sort order than stock.

Sorry that I left development for this, but I cannot spare time for updating it.

shakeyourbunny

Quote from: Netrve on April 13, 2020, 07:21:44 PM
Quote from: rawrfisher on March 21, 2020, 01:09:13 AM

That usually means something went wrong (so basically it error'd). I sadly can't remember right now if RWMS writes a log or not, but if you start a CMD or PowerShell and then run RWMS through it, it will show the error.

Overall I have been working on a re-implementation of RWMS in Go, which comes with an UI and an extended sorting algorithm based on RWMS' current method. Work has been slow though, the situation worldwide and personally have been quite tiring which have drained a lot of time and motivation on my end. I will still try to get it done, but at what point I can't say (if at all).

Until then RimPy does provide a good sorting as well, and should its source be released by Paladin, I will be working in incorporating RWMS' functionality into it as an alternative sorting method.

Sorry for quoting this fully, but I hope you will advance enough.

I originally intended some time to merge both codebases of RimPY and RWMS to a newer hybrid version one, mainly for learning programming  crossplatform UIs in Python, but alas it didn't arrive.