[1.0] RWMS -- RimWorld ModSorter .. RimWorld mod sorter (Windows, Linux, OSX)

Started by shakeyourbunny, April 07, 2019, 07:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Canute

Can't you let the script upload the .json file straight to github ? Like hugslib create the logfiles ?

shakeyourbunny

For safely automatically uploading data from an application there has to be some sort of authentication for doing so. These authentication credentials have to be provided by the application itself and this is compromising the security and trustworthiness of the script itself, if I would either put it into the source or make it publicly available somewhere.

Hugslib (and some certain other project) try to mitigate this by creating a special Github user which only contain these logs. Note that at every moment anyone can take over these accounts if he or she just looks at the provided source for credentials.

I'm willing to implement such a feature, but there is a safer way by creating an issue on GitHub, but you will have to provide a valid Github API token in the rwms_config.ini for doing so. In addition, there will be a new dependenncy to install for the Python version of the script.

Canute, please open a feature request in my issue tracker on Github if you still want to have this feature.

Canute

I don't realy need or want that feature.
I just though maybe it would keep some handwork away from you.
But you allways need to classify and sortin the reported mods manualy anyway.

rawrfisher

list of unknown mods:
- 富商 Silver Rich Merchant
- Time-Based Dangers
- Level This! (Version 1.3: Electric Configuloo)
- Secret Passage Doors

Dont worry about silver rich merchant.  Anyway This is the current list of mods that wernt reconized. 
Wasnt sure if I should post the TXT as well but here it is. 

[attachment deleted due to age]
Professional jerk

shakeyourbunny

Hi, added your mods (alongside a batch of other contributors); should all be included now.

rawrfisher

Thanks.  Give it a couple days and I'll probly end up finding some new mod lol

Edit:  I hate how if I joke about something it tends to turn out to happen <,<

list of unknown mods:
- Desynchronized (v1.4.6)
- Rimstro
- [RH] Faction: Task Force 141 (1.0)

[attachment deleted due to age]
Professional jerk

shakeyourbunny

fixes to the database:
- moved ModCheck to load it before Core.
- moved RimQuest above RimWriter to avoid clashes (is now gameplay, instead storyteller).

Thanks to the recent contributions to (in no particular order): czarneski77, Deathawaits4, KaosuReido, Jolc3r

database now knows about 1282 mods.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

shakeyourbunny

New release: 0.93.2:
- added a "contributors" command line argument to display contributors (they have at least to be 10 mods contributed, though)
- documentation fixes and touchups

new contributions to the DB pushes the DB to 1292 known mods.

@rawrfisher: thanks for your three new mods.

shakeyourbunny

New release: 0.94.0:

0.94.0 (2019-04-25):
new:
- automatic issue creation, if you put in your Github credentials in the configuration file.

changed:
- reworked output on the command line, now leaner, less scroll and (hopefully) more informative.
- updated documentation, especially the configuration file
- reworked changelog (you are reading this)

fixed:
- several fatal errors did not honor the waitforkeypress_on_error in the configuration file.

Note that I am aware that there is also a token / OAuth system available for the GitHub API, but I could
not get it to work with just having access to issues. If you have a workable solution (in Python 3), please
contact me.

victaria

I am getting this error when i run the .bat file

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'request'

gojujoe

A few issues.

1.You link to the "Download (includes windows executable)" is broken 404 page not found.

2.After extracting the assets to a folder and running the .bat file I get
C:\Users\Joe\Desktop\RWMS>python rwms_sort.py
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." in CMD prompt.

I am very new to Py and the instructions weren't organised to easily tell you where to start and exactly what step to move onto next. It just wasn't laid out simply enough for me. I hate to sound needy but is there any way you can so a simple 1.2.3.4.5 list instructions revision soon to make things a little less frustrating for the technically impaired or just plain mentally exhausted after a 10 hour work day? It would make using and recommending your tool so much more viable.

Canute

gojujoe,
try to run the python setup again and repair/modify it.
Be sure you enable the envirmoment variables and the pip module to install other modules.