[1.0] RWMS -- RimWorld ModSorter .. RimWorld mod sorter (Windows, Linux, OSX)

Started by shakeyourbunny, April 07, 2019, 07:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakeyourbunny

Quote from: Flavio11113 on May 14, 2019, 02:14:21 PM
Loading mod data.
could not find metadata for item RimworldStackXXL-master (skipping, is probably a scenario)!
This is because its mod directory is missing its About.xml file.

Quote from: Flavio11113 on May 14, 2019, 02:09:02 PM
Quote from: shakeyourbunny on May 13, 2019, 03:59:34 PM
Can you provide your ModsConfig.xml as it is now?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>2059</buildNumber>
The culprit is here, RWMS is looking for the <version> node, not a <buildNumber>. Guess you are playing an older version of RimWorld.

Will be investigating.

shakeyourbunny

new release:
- small bugfix release 0.94.5 (for older versions of RimWorld)

Version of RimWorld should be detected now correctly.

shakeyourbunny

Added some documentation and support for Python users for easier installation of required Python modules.

Run 'install_requirements' (.sh for Linux/OSX, .cmd for Windows) to install missing Python modules after the installation of Python. Also added some instructions in the documentation for OSX users.

Note that this is just in the development, you have to clone the repo directly.

You will also have to review your rwms_config.ini, there are some structural changes there. The new "disabletweaks" setting currently does nothing, this is just a stub (for now).

Flavio11113

Downloaded the new bugfix release and everything worked  great. Thanks!

tiedforfirst

hey shake last night i accidentally closed my duplicate submission on github (issue #110) at roughly the same time you closed the original (#106). that is my bad. i could have waited to see what you would do. also i wanted to let you know there is a mod that is no longer available in the original (issue #106) which is  "All the Doormats" .

shakeyourbunny

Quote from: tiedforfirst on May 16, 2019, 03:14:33 PM
hey shake last night i accidentally closed my duplicate submission on github (issue #110) at roughly the same time you closed the original (#106). that is my bad. i could have waited to see what you would do. also i wanted to let you know there is a mod that is no longer available in the original (issue #106) which is  "All the Doormats" .
Just resubmit your submission or reopen the ticket please ;)

I'll look into it as soon as I have the time for.

Currently, I'm ironing out some problems on OSX :D

shakeyourbunny

release 0.94.6:
new:
- added requirement.txt and install-requirements script for easier installation needed modules.

fixed:
- fixes for Steam autodetection on Windows.
- added proper Steam detection for Linux and OSX (thanks jpc0)
- more flexible start for rwms_sort.sh (thanks jpc0)

changed:
- internal structure, refactoring for easier source code management.

Canute

Quotenew:
- added requirement.txt and install-requirements script for easier installation needed modules.
Sorry the requirement.txt don't made it into the archive file, just present at the master.
And you should maybe add --user at the install_requirements.cmd
bs4 didn't got installed at my side, maybe/because i didn't installed python at the default location.
with --user, it worked.

After start the rwms_sort.bat
QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "rwms_sort.py", line 18, in <module>
    import RWMS.configuration
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'RWMS'

The windows executable works fine. :-)

shakeyourbunny

I removed the extra source zip file, Github does this anyway automatically.

Regarding the install_requirements script: in the next version you will be able to add your own custom parameters to the pip call; its already in my local source tree, but this warrants no commit or release update.

Just add "%1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9" (.cmd) or "$*" (.sh) without the quotes to the line with "pip".

Canute

Since you provide executable for Windows and maybe Mac all the time, you should point potential user at these first.
So they don't need to install python which they don't need beside the your modsorting.

With the source, even the script works fine. :-)

tiedforfirst

thanks shakeyourbunny. rwms is the greatest thing since sliced packaged survival meals.

Jake

Quote from: tiedforfirst on May 22, 2019, 06:13:22 PMthanks shakeyourbunny. rwms is the greatest thing since sliced packaged survival meals.
What they said. I've been battling mod load-order issues for a week since I finally upgraded to 1.0 and this has been a godsend.

One quick question for other users before I edit the wiki: Has anyone else had a problem getting the script to work using "/home/your user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/prefs" as the location for ModConfig.xml? After a bit of hunting around I eventually found it in "/home/my user name/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld by Ludeon Studios/Config".

Canute

At last ".../Ludeon Studios/RimWorld by Ludeon Studios" is the default savedatafolder.
Inside you find Config, Saves,....
And Config folder is where you find all the rimworld config files like Modconfig.xml or prefs.xml.

I know for older rimworld releases they got different names. And we all know the Rimworld wiki isn't very uptodate.

BlackViperMWG

Hi, your mod/script/program is amazing! One question though, if I picked not to write in ModConfig (because I had no idea if I should), does that mean my mod order was not updated by your thing or not? What purpose does the "write into ModConfig" serve?