[Mod Request] Bus and Bus Scheduling

Started by skellitor301, April 07, 2019, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellitor301

So, one idea I've thought of for a mod is to introduce a bussing system. Say you have a well-developed colony and you want to expand your production to other areas outside the colony into other maps you may have set up camps in, let's say a mining camp at a mountain range a few tiles away. Problem is with how the current game is set up, you'd have to form a caravan to build housing and the essentials, basically making a second colony just for miners. This idea proposes a way to set your miners to automatically enter a bus that will make the trip each day to and from the camp. The bus will be scheduled to be loaded and leave and bring people back, making the whole caravan process much easier and make the mining camp just a mining camp and not a second living colony. This doesn't have to be limited to mining or to a bus, that's just the example to simplify cross-map jobs. I'd also be a good idea to include compatibility with other map and vehicles mods such as the road building mods, asphalt, etc. mods to avoid overloading building menus with the same items.

I know I didn't do that good of a job explaining the idea so feel free to ask questions, but the base idea is to give working camps in other map tiles a better foundation, to keep them as work camps and not a fully functional colony just to dig up the map's resources or to use the land for mass food and organic production.

RankLord123

I like this idea apart from the bus part. It would be great if we could just make automatic caravans that reform themselves on a schedule and gather their appropriate items.