Suggestion

Started by deyalord, April 16, 2019, 09:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deyalord

1. How about add event like megascarabs infesting the in the planet (like they arrive on meteor or ancient nest disturbed) and as time fly by they "conquer" more of the planet this causing animals/factions to move closer together by passing by your colony or be destroyed and you either have to focus your time on quickly get off the planet or send in military and take out the core (maybe hivemind)

2. Could also be done with Mechanoid where they found your signal and are on their way or are invading the nearby galaxy and you only know because a fleeing ship sent a message to the planet this causing the factions to be more hostile and attempt to capture your colonist (if you have the reseach to build spaceships) in hopes they have the knowledge to build a spaceship to get off the planet all the while the Mechanoid's are making it closer to the planet your on

3. also could make the game longer where your goal is to reach your home planet and each time you build the spaceship to get closer it needs to be refueled or maintenance or crash lands on a randomly generated planet, and even though your main "colonist" may die and new one's have no clue why they are going (maybe the thought of utopia told to them by first colonist)

4. this may be a long stretch but let us control diffrent alien races like the Mechanoid (search of their creator or purger of cancer "humans" off the planet etc) also play as Megascarabs whose goal is to take over the planet and send ships ( or launch a rock i.e meteorite ) infesting new planets

thats all i got for now, been playing for a while now on steam

could make these into like DLC

Ashe

Seems like you'd want to look into mods to achieve most of this as I doubt it would get implemented into the base game. I believe there is already a mod that lets you hack mechanoids and control them iirc.

poopiemcbuttface

Well I mean mechanoids invading the nearby galaxy would be hard since humans have only ever been in the MilkyWay. Also, this stuff would take possibly years to code it would be like trying to make a new game.

Limdood

1 could easily be simulated in the scenario editor....infestation event could be set to fire off every season or two.  It would scale to your colony wealth.  It wouldn't affect the rest of the world much, but then it wouldn't really matter if it did since out-of-colony interaction is still limited.

2 could also be achieved, albeit with a bit of dev mode or xml shenanigans....fun fact, if there are NO hostile factions (dev mode or xml to make a pirate faction friendly), ALL your raids will be mech raids.  use scenario editor to trigger raids, and use the xmls to disable the pirate faction.

3 has been suggested ad nauseum.  It is unlikely to ever get implemented.  The lore of the game just doesn't support it...there is no FTL travel in Tynan's world, therefore there are no space voyages where people are awake for the trip.  The ship you build to leave the planet is just a structure with a bunch of caskets strapped to it.  Even if it were implemented, it would be unique enough to almost require a new, separate game, with mechanics and structure to support the new goals and methods.

4 also doesn't really work within the lore....there are no "aliens" in Tynan's universe, and the mechs are unlikely to become a playable race...But if you just want to play a colony of murder hobos, nothing is stopping you from doing that with humans...