Add the ability to (dis)allow pawns eating meals made with insect/human meat

Started by Ashe, April 08, 2019, 05:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashe

If possible, I think the ability to toggle the eating of meals made with insect/human meat in the food restrictions menu would be great addition to the game, especially in colonies with cannibals but not exclusively made up of them. Attached is an example of how this could look.

[attachment deleted due to age]

jacob814

Why did you make a meal out of insect meat anyway? Why not just disallow using insect meat in meals?

*Human and insect meat are disabled for use by default*
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

AileTheAlien

Meals increase the amount of nutrition by something like 60%, so feeding your dogs with cooked human meat is cheaper than feeding them raw human meat.

TK3600

The njtrition is not worth the man power. Even if you do you are better with nutrient paste.

Limdood

Quote from: TK3600 on May 15, 2019, 09:10:07 AM
The njtrition is not worth the man power.
That's a value judgement.  Someone trying to scrape out a living in the arctic might have manpower to spare, but not food resources.  Also, a colony with some cannibals and some....not-cannibals would benefit from being able to have greater control over food settings.
Quote from: TK3600 on May 15, 2019, 09:10:07 AMEven if you do you are better with nutrient paste.
Animals can't use a nutrient paste dispenser, the feeding of which was the only reason mentioned in this thread thus far to make insect meat meals, so your proposed alternative solution doesn't actually solve the problem.

TK3600

You can quickly farm the paste by drafting pawn grabbing the paste. If that is too much micro just  mod it to produce paste auto.

Kirby23590

I use food restrictions to separate them...

For example Simple Meal Human Meat and Insect meat Kibble... While the Normal guys or non-cannibals get pemmican or fine meals...

But yeah, we need to disallow our guys accidentally eating human meat in our meals that's reserved for cannibal johnson and jerry who likes eating them...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

AileTheAlien

There's mods which separates meals made out of human / insect meat, so that you can use the existing restrictions to limit pawns eating them.