Priority body parts for attack

Started by vadim_normal, April 08, 2019, 08:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadim_normal

Priority body parts to attack.
Add the priority parts of the body to the combat mode menu that the colonist will try to hit when attacking the enemy, the accuracy of hitting the target will also depend on it and then what part of the body is more likely to pass melee and ranged damage.

kinda:
Attack where possible, the chance of hitting does not change
Attack to the head, the chance to hit the head increases, the overall chance of hitting is significantly reduced.
Attack to the chest, increases the chance to hit the heart, lung, ribs, the overall chance of hitting slightly decreases
Attacking in the belly, increases the chance of hitting the liver, kidneys, stomach, spine, the overall chance of hitting is slightly reduced
Attack to the legs, the chance to hit the legs increases, the chance of hitting decreases
Attack hands, increases the chance to hit the hands, the chance of hitting is significantly reduced

Kirby23590

There's a mod called https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29503.msg432716#msg432716

Compared to yours. The mod however has 5 five possible targetable body parts.

General - Same as in vanilla, the chance of hitting does not chance
Head - Lowest accuracy. But highest chance of getting headshots
Body - It's similar to attacking to the chest and the belly on your post. It has a accuracy penalty of 10%
Arms - Similar to attack Hands. You aim for their arms and their hands to hurt their weapon accuracy. With a 20% penalty of hitting those parts.
Legs - Aim for their legs to slow them down. Shares the same accuracy penalty with Arms.

I have this mod active. While most of my guys mostly aim for general body parts. I will go for the legs at times when some of raiders are fleeing or aim for the head if they have power armor but helmets...

Also the raiders, animals and mechanoids get to aim for body parts with mod active if their shooting or melee skills are 8 or depending on the options, but you can disable them if you don't want raiders aiming for body parts.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.