Not getting raids, events or traders

Started by notsorockyhorror, April 08, 2019, 02:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsorockyhorror

Hey!

Firstly, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, this is my first time posting here. I am also fairly new RimWorld player.

I have a problem with my RimWorld saves. After a year or so of colony being active, I stop getting any raids, negative events or traders
through caravans or the Comms Console. I can spawn a raid normally through Dev mode, and that doesn't have a problem.

I have tried switching storytellers and then switching back, but that hasn't helped. I use mods. I am quite new to the game,
and I have tried making sure that every mod is for the correct version and that they shouldn't confilct with each other. I have also tried my best to make the load order correct.

I will link a game log for you to check, if you want to. All help would be greatly appreciated. I am at loss of what to do, and this problem is really ruining my fun to play.

https://pastebin.com/YCAQSBej

Canute

Hi,
for the next time, when you use mods, you prolly use hugslib too.
That mod offer a nice feature the green "Share log" button, that include modlist,patches and error log.

Something is wrong with an tradercaravan, you should try out
Open your savefile in a quality text editor (VSCode or n++ are the ones I'd recommend) and search for queuedIncidents2. Delete the part that starts with <queuedIncidents2> and keep deleting everything up to and including </queuedIncidents2>. It'll be inside a RimatomicsResearch WorldComponent.

But that prolly don't prevent the same thing again.

notsorockyhorror

Thank you for your reply.

Is this what you are looking for?
https://git.io/fjtax

I will try your workaround, thank you for the help.
Edit: It seems there is no <queuedIncidents2> on my savefile, or I am doing something wrong with the search.

Canute

Yeah, these report are much easier to read then what you did with the pastebin, don't you think so ? :-)

Sorry, look for
<queuedIncidents> 2 times.
Then you should find the list with incidents.
Try delete the first or/and second, the error say something about trader, you should identify them at the def.