[1.0] Colonist who dies in caravan remembered as banished

Started by imadethistoreportabug, April 10, 2019, 09:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imadethistoreportabug

Same as this report here

Sent one colonist on a rescue for a single downed refugee & was ambushed by 3 tribal and died. My other colonists received the -8 banished debuff. Completely vanilla, no mods.

Game file
Attached output

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirby23590

Alright i can confirm that...

I reproduced it with 2 nakeds on a Incapacitated refugee quest. Got a Ambush from Pirate Raiders... My 2 nakeds were incapacitated and the caravan was lost...

I got 3 Colonists saying that the 2 were banished to death while it is the complete opposite. They got kidnapped by pirates when the caravan is lost actually and was destroyed...

I Reproduced this with Dev Mode and just spawned a bunch of incapacitated refugee quests until there was danger like an outpost or a bunch of raiders waiting for an ambush there. And made sure that the caravan that i sent was killed or downed by the raiders there.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Ashe

I've also experienced this when sending one of my pawns on a solo caravan and getting ambushed, having them die in the process.

Pangaea

Interesting. I happened to lose a colonist in a caravan, but it was to plague. By dumb luck none of them were able to tend, although I had brought medicine, so he died. I tried to send one of them back with a muffalo, to no avail, so he was actually alone. My colonists got the -3 penalty for a pawn dying. So the cause of death must matter here, or the type of quest. My guy was heading towards a peace talk, before I split and let him try to get back to base.