staggeringly ugly i 'remove' with glitterworld

Started by Bobisme, April 11, 2019, 01:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

I think the staggerinly ugly trait is a little cruel, in this day n age (the year 5513 to be exact) cosmetic surgery is guaranteed to exist.
I grab 10 glitterworld dump em outside with an X on em n let em rot, i go into the settings n remove the staggeringly ugly trait from the pawn as if to say i gave them surgery to remove the 'debilitating' stat :P  i figure 10 glitterworld is costly enough to still be a fair play.

Think i should just let them be staggeringly ugly?
Pretend that ina a world where i can buy limbs that regenerate and a healer mech that can remove scars, no one knows of cosmetic surgery? :P

Maybe i should use a healer mech instead

..Healer mech should be able to remove stag' ugly, goes to ugly, then to nothing then to pretty, then beautiful.. after each use :P

Limdood

you're assuming that "staggeringly ugly" is #1) an objective term, #2) undesirable enough to go under the knife or #3) something minor that can be fixed with "medicine"

It's quite possible that the "ugly" is in regards to different culture, such as certain hairstyles, piercings, or tattoos - all of which are occasionally regarded by large subsets of today's population as "ugly" in some form or another, while being considered desirable by certain other subsets.  Many cultures perceive beauty where the majority culture perceives ugliness.

As someone that currently lives with a skin condition, and knowing others that have large blemishes covering a significant portion of their face or other visible skin, I can assure you that neither they nor I would choose to have our skin flayed off by a doctor and replaced just so other people have something more pleasing to look at.

Finally, many features considered ugly would be unable to be treated without the addition of complete replacement parts...take for example, an extreme hunchback...you're not straightening that sucker out, and you can't just chop off giant sections of spine.

Oh, and a #4 that is only tangentially related due to other in-game traits:  It's quite possible that its a bit more, ummm, internal ugly.  I admit it is unlikely, given the range of other negative social traits like annoying voice, creepy breathing, sociapath, and misogynist/misandrist.

Bobisme

We can ignore the cultural aspect of the beauty as the pawn is seen as staggeringly ugly by all.
( Agree on the hunch back, but, still. I dunno.. The year is ..   :P 
aaand i can replace every body part)

Another thing is when you mouse over it, it says 'to look at her is like looking at an unborn fetus mixed with etc, she is very hard to look at and takes effort', as if to say it is external.

We're talking about a game here, though, the real world pumps out beauty stuff like it is going out of fashion, at a high cost.
If the price was dropped, like it fell out of the sky, within everyones reach, people would be already on it, but this isn't real life, this is a game, it doesn't take into account how nice a person is, it just says 'damn she ugly' and is perpetually hated, no friends no nothin, just to trudge along alone heh, she was married, but he soon divorced her for 'obvious' in game reasons :P  it woulds stand to reason that glitterworld or healer mech could rectifiy this.

I'm not here to debate real life situations just really about the game, but, when a doc in real life comes along with a 'cure' to lets say, eczema, ppl use it.

BoogieMan

The Glitterworld Surgeon profession text mentions that they pretty much exclusively performed cosmetic enhancing procedures.

Here it is:

NAME worked as a surgeon on a world mostly free of disease and human suffering.

HISCAP job mostly involved elaborate and creative cosmetic surgeries. HECAP has a good understanding of human biology, but never had to remove a cancer -- or a bullet.

tsmt1001

There should be a mod which addresses it. Psychology mod, as I understand, addresses Chemical interest and Chemical fascination traits. They don't go away, but at least those pawns don't start binging on random drugs. Why not have a mod which removes the effects of Ugly and Staggeringly Ugly traits?

Kirby23590

Or something like Plastic Surgery...

I mean why don't we have any Plastic Surgeons running around in the Rims where there's Organ Harvesters or Donors but no guys who make people beautiful or turn your face into normal type of guys instead of harvesting your organs for some weird voodoo for some pirate merchants who are happy to buy em'.

Or if all else fails. Just give them a Paper Bag with holes for eyes for those guys. So they don't look out of place...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

QuoteOr if all else fails. Just give them a Paper Bag with holes for eyes for those guys. So they don't look out of place...
Since it is your idea, create a mod for it ! :-)
Some special headwear that neglete the effect on ugly,pretty,beautiful traits.
And a new jaw implant for the annoying voice ! :-)

Bobisme

...The  'Transendermal applicator'   :P

Took me a while to think of a nice name..

'A sort after commodity from glitterworlds to rimworlds, fetching a high price. In the right hands, it makes beautiful magic. Open airways, manipulate the sound of a voice and alter the outward appearance to the patients choosing. In the wrong hands it can create horror. Seal of airways causing asphyxiation and death, melt off faces along with ears noses and eyes and destroy voice boxes leaving the patient a mute. '

epic fail    -8 to mood 'NAME' destroyed my blah blah (3 months) plus a social debuff to the doc
fail           -8 to mood this isn't my face, my voice, i don't sound like me (3 months)
success    +8 i love my voice, my face is me, i feel alive(breathing) (3 months)
best          from staggeringly ugly to say..pretty +8 3 months, i am beautiful etc

or somethin' lol

fun fun

Kirby23590

Why don't we have to Conceal their faces so the Colonists won't mock em' anymore?

@Canute
That doesn't seem hard to do for an Modder. Not very hard to make the textures but i'm completely lazy to do that, and someone else has to do that...

Also BTW, someone has made a Mod Request in about treating cosmetic surgery to treat Ugly and Staggeringly ugly trait. Just to let you guys know...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Demoulius

I think ive only seen the 'staggeringly ugly' trait on people who have been experimented on during their lives. I think it was cosmetic reject backstory. Basicly they were poor living on the street and subjected themselves to cosmetic experiments for food and shelters.

Basicly the uglyness is unnatural. It was CAUSED by cosmetic surgeory. Not to sure if someone who lived through that would want to go under the knife again to get it removed  :o

tsmt1001

Not sure about that, I've seen Ugly and Staggeringly Ugly on a variety of backgrounds. Moreover, I had colony-kids born with this trait. From a debuff perspective, it's a face even a mother cannot love.