2 pro cooks but poisoning by incompetancy

Started by Bobisme, April 13, 2019, 12:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobisme

I have 2 cooks, one is lvl 15 the other lvl 16, i keep getting food poisoning by incompetent cook.

What are the factors?

Was thinking maybe we picked up a 'coupla' simple meals a while back and if it is, it's at the bottom of the pile? like how insect meat taints all, maybe a raider dropped one or a pod, and it calculates the unknowns cooking skill so to speak? guess i'll be cookin nothin till they are all gone? :/ (Don't think i picked up any though.. )

Or, was my cook high? :D
One has a middle finger missing the other a toe.. missin' a limb, it reduces quality?
Though the fingerless guys other arm is bionic, increasing manipulation by over 100%
If the area was dirty it would say due to dirty cooking area.

Canute

Yes, missing limbs or hurt reduce the quality of meal's or items (crafting) or succesfull constructions.
And ask yourself, do you realy want to eat something when the cook is on a LSD trip ? :-)

RankLord123

Make sure that the only allowed cooks are your two high skilled ones., if you just live it to any skill other people can cook them if they're assigned. Also, meals from drop ods don't track who cooked them or even the ingredients I believe. So you can't get food poisoning from them.

Bozobub

Quote from: RankLord123 on April 13, 2019, 09:56:55 AM
Make sure that the only allowed cooks are your two high skilled ones., if you just live it to any skill other people can cook them if they're assigned. Also, meals from drop ods don't track who cooked them or even the ingredients I believe. So you can't get food poisoning from them.
Oho?  So if you place all food into a drop pod, it "rinses" that data off?!  Does it ever spoil?

I never bothered with 'em, to be frank, so I know diddly about drop pods.
Thanks, belgord!

Bobisme

Surely only crashed pod scenarios, otherwise, sweet :P

cultist

I'm pretty sure manipulation doesn't affect food poisoning chance. Only cooking skill and the cleanliness of the cooking area. Manipulation has a huge impact on butchering efficiency, but not the quality of cooked meals.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: cultist on April 15, 2019, 08:22:29 AM
I'm pretty sure manipulation doesn't affect food poisoning chance. Only cooking skill and the cleanliness of the cooking area. Manipulation has a huge impact on butchering efficiency, but not the quality of cooked meals.

That was my impression as well, though it does influence speed no?

Canute

Yes manipulation speed up any task except hauling, even cleaning.