help figuring out mods from a screenshot

Started by LiteEmUp, April 13, 2019, 02:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiteEmUp

So here is the screenshot https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/843710951300115277/148071EFEE77F7819E820DB2A30164648C5716B1/

what i am curious though is how did he built those ships??? especially the one on the lowest bottom ship..

i have a feeling he likely used bridgello mod in order to have the ships shape curved, since in rimworld everything is "squared" shaped and no diagonal.. what im curious though is on the bottom ship, what did he likely used to have that bow part of the ship.. also on that aircraft carrier, im also wondering what did he used to have that bow design as well...

any help would be greatly appreciated

Canute

Sorry i have never seen such a mod, maybe it is just handmade like custom textures for the dropships from
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31906.0

And you need to differ between quared blocks and textures. You can made a 3x3  round table, but that don't mean you can put chairs closer to the table at the edges, the table is still a 3x3 square.
The other part is just transparent so you see the ground below.

Can't you ask the poster of the picture about the mods ?

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Canute on April 13, 2019, 03:36:19 AM
Sorry i have never seen such a mod, maybe it is just handmade like custom textures for the dropships from
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31906.0

And you need to differ between quared blocks and textures. You can made a 3x3  round table, but that don't mean you can put chairs closer to the table at the edges, the table is still a 3x3 square.
The other part is just transparent so you see the ground below.

Can't you ask the poster of the picture about the mods ?
i already asked on steam, and he has not replied to anyone's questions.. so i assume he is either ignoring, or he does not speak english..

so i was definitely thinking either orbital hubs united or sd's spaceship are the mods where he was able to create those angled bows...

are those 2 mods i mentioned compatible with each other?? also known mod incomps so far??

Kirby23590

I don't what mod and how you could guess them...

But looking at his colonists, they might be from Kantai Collection and have seen a hair mod for them...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

AllisonIsLivid

My word. I wonder if those have any actual function? I've been thinking about building a base out of "beached warships," but this is even better.
Living in the past, I think if I remember that I'll forget this. I know you will.

LiteEmUp

Quote from: AllisonIsLivid on April 14, 2019, 03:49:04 AM
My word. I wonder if those have any actual function? I've been thinking about building a base out of "beached warships," but this is even better.

i think they are likely non-functional.. those warships are more likely just for display... which is why im trying to figure out what likely mods were used to build them, coz i want to build my own warships too.. not same as his version, but maybe a few warships for display lol

Canute

Warships for display, so basicly very big tables with warship textures ? :-)

LiteEmUp

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2019, 04:35:26 AM
Warships for display, so basicly very big tables with warship textures ? :-)
the only thing i would like to know is how he did by using what mods to have those shapes for the hull of his ships.. the rest, im starting to have ideas on how to design it