[Takeover request] Universal Fermenter

Started by Owlchemist, April 16, 2019, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owlchemist

UPDATE: nevermind, did it myself. If anyone is finding this via google/search or care to know what happened, the updated dll can be found in my lumber or leather mod (link in sig).

The Universal Fermenter was made back in 2017 by Kubouch. At some point, it became outdated and was taken over by Syrchalis for their blueberry mod, and this variant of UF circulates around the workshop now-a-days.

I am one mod developer using UF, but I have run into a bug with it. I brought it up with Syrchalis, but was told they are no longer developing for Rimworld at the moment.

The bug in question is this: UF allows a building to show a "full" version of its graphic using a <graphSuffix> node element. For example you could have an empty bucket and a full bucket graphic and it'll switch over when a pawn fills it up. The problem is that if you save the game and reload while a building is in a full state, the graphic reverts back to the empty version again. It's just a cosmetic bug and the full version will show up again next batch the pawns load into it, but a bug is a bug and a graphical one may be confusing to some users.

Anyway I figure it wouldn't hurt to put a call on here and see if C# gurus are willing to take it on. If you'd like to see this bug in action, you can see it on my lumber mod. I also downloaded a bunch of other workshop mods that used UF to see if they were having the same problem as I was, and it seemed they were, just to rule out if I may have been doing something wrong.