[1.5] Replimat 1.5.0 (16 Mar 2024) - Distributed food replicator system

Started by sumghai, April 17, 2019, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

I sometimes have maps where pathing bugs out and visitors/caravans get stuck at my base and cant leave.  I view it as extra guards and when their animals die free loot with little to no penalties.  I would rather not have to wait till they pass out from hunger for them to eat tho which is why I place a replicator terminal near em but they wont use it.  If they use them by default then its due to a mod conflicting with guest food restrictions.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

sumghai

Quote from: rawrfisher on May 25, 2019, 11:12:44 PM
I sometimes have maps where pathing bugs out and visitors/caravans get stuck at my base and cant leave.  I view it as extra guards and when their animals die free loot with little to no penalties.  I would rather not have to wait till they pass out from hunger for them to eat tho which is why I place a replicator terminal near em but they wont use it.  If they use them by default then its due to a mod conflicting with guest food restrictions.
Even without any other mods installed, visitor pawns will always eat meals from their own inventory first before using Replimat Terminals.

As I mentioned in my last post, I can probably patch all non-colonist pawns to never spawn with food in their inventory, so that they will use Replimat Terminals immediately (although as previously mentioned, there may be unforeseen consequences).

I don't think it's possible to modify the Harmony patch for the food source priority job driver for colonists and visitors, because as far as Dubwise and I know, that job driver applies universally to all pawns.

rawrfisher

They choose to die of malnutrition over using the terminals for me. I dont think patching all pawns to spawn without food would solve anything.  I'm leaning more to there being some issue with the modlist I use.   

Edit:  Did a quick trial with some spawned in non colonist pawns with only hugslib and replimat active.  The non colonist pawns will not use the terminals. 
Professional jerk

sumghai

In Dev Mode, you can use the -20% food tool to repeatedly make pawns starve.

Use that on your visitor pawns repeatedly until they eat up all their packed meals, and then your visitors should start using the Terminals.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

sumghai

Okay, I've reproduced the issue on my end with just Core and Replimat.

This is strange, because I swore it worked just fine before.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Canute

At my expierence, visitor use the terminals on regular visits.
But when they get stuck at any kind, like pathing issue or some error show up at the log, their logic don't work anymore and then they won't use the terminal anymore.

rawrfisher

That is possible.  My test involves spawned pawns.  I think sumghai's did too.
Professional jerk

sumghai

I've updated the OP with a couple of known issues - stock visitors not using Terminals, and Prisoners with access to their own Terminals in prison cells being able to replicate meals disallowed by their individual meal policies.

Dubwise is investigating them, but no ETA on fixes.

sumghai

Replimat has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2282 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.0.7 - 15 June 2019
---------------------
- Update compatibility with new versions of Multiplayer
- Implement versioning metadata files for Fluffy's Mod Manager and ModSync

sumghai

Replimat has been updated for RimWorld 1.0.2282 - see first post for download link.

Version 1.0.8 - 21 June 2019
---------------------
- Fix prisoner meal restrictions
- Add options in Mod Settings to enable/disable both Replimat Spill and Replimat Kibble Malfunction incidents
    - English and Traditional Chinese translations updated
    - Japanese translations partially updated, missing a few keyed strings
- Minor code cleanup and optimizations

sumghai

Version 1.0.9 - 23 June 2019
---------------------
- Allow Hoppers to accept Raw strange meats from Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors

Now, to address rawrfisher's issue where visitors cannot use Terminals:

After some investigation, Dubwise and I concluded that visitors from the base game cannot use Terminals for a very good reason: the same logic that tells these visitors to only eat from their personal inventory also prevents them from stealing your colony's own meals once they run out; Hospitality visitors are able to use Terminals because (we assume) Hospitality temporarily treats visitor pawns as colonists.

This behaviour remains unchanged since the initial release, and is no longer considered a bug/issue

sumghai

Version 1.0.10 - 6 July 2019
---------------------
- Add Simplified Chinese translation

(Note: The unauthorized Replimat_zh Simplified Chinese translation mod on Steam is no longer required)
(注:本mod不再需要Steam上的非官方Replimat_zh简体汉化mod)

sumghai

Version 1.0.11 - 11 August 2019
---------------------
- Add new method of obtaining Isolinear Computing Modules
    - Disassembling AI Persona Cores at the Machining Table yields a Iso Module and several assorted components