Describe your epic fails and other falm palm moments in your colony...

Started by Kirby23590, April 25, 2019, 02:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby23590

Hello...

I have made something called Describe your Epic Fails and some other hilarious moments that make you face palm or smash your desk in your game. Doesn't matter if it's vanilla or modded.

But let's see here. I'll start with mine...

I was playing a modded game of course. And when i finally got that Mystical Shaman quest from More Faction Interactions. There was a moment of. YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!

Since my best colonist Dennis got addicted to Go-Juice and got the Chemical Damage in his Brain. I was forced to put him in Cyrosleep for months. Until that moment.

I payed the Tribal Chief 900 Silver and threw dennis into the Mystical Shaman...

Only to remove Cyrosleep sickness rather than his Chemical Damage in his Brain...

There was happiness and joy. And now there was anger and agony instead, and YES YES YES has become NO NO NO NO! And laughter was only replaced with screams of anger and shouting...

I was never that mad with that shaman when i have always trusted them for removing irremovable scars on brains or bodies parts...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Smile Smile Wide

I Used Mortars To Defend Myself Against A Dire Raid, Forgot To Tell My Pawns To Stop Using Them When They're Attacking The Walls... You Can Imagine The Look On My Colonist's Faces When The Raiders Entered My Base

Kirby23590

Soooo... Apparently, your colonists can die of Drug Overdose...

It happened in a caravan... Where i have an Yayo and Go-Juice addict...

I wasn't a fan of that...

SO I CHEATED DEATH WITH DEV MODE!!

SUCK IT RANDY RANDOM!! GO EAT A ROTTEN PIG CORPSE, YOU NO FUN HOOLIGAN AND SPOILED VAMPIRE!!!

Excuse me sorry about that... But i don't like it, so i did cheated using necromancy of dev mode... It was in a Caravan in successful double item stashes with two super weapons and a single ai persona core. (Since i have been hunting them for turning my mechanoids under my control since i'm using What the Hack.)

So there's that... I don't how rare it is, but it was ridiculous...

Smile Smile Wide

Kirby23590

ManHuntingSquirrel

Once my colonist named Pulpo was entering the base because there was raiders and when he got close to the door..............
A FUCKING METEOR MADE OUT OF GOLD BROKE ALL OF HIS BONES,
of course i loaded a save.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Scorpinax

I built my house into a mountain on a new heavily modded save, and i had like 8 colonists at the time. Decided to do a Randy Rough playthrough for the first time. Well we got a visit from a bunch of androids, who wanted to trade. They were hanging around outside my base waiting for someone to come trade with them, when all of a sudden a giant portal opens up right near them (also right outside my base) and starts spawning a bunch of these Ice Elementals in, from Rimworld of Magic

Id never seen an elemental portal before so i didnt know what to do. The androids immediately started getting attacked by the ice elementals. So i took the opportunity to take my colonists with their guns out there and started blasting the portal to destroy it while they were busy with the golems. I didnt know the portals explode on death so the explosion somehow made the androids hostile (even though the golems didn't) and they got furious in an instant. So the area immediately turned into a bullet fest with the androids firing at me, my people firing at the androids and the remaining ice elementals started beating the shit out of some of the androids who ignored them in favor of shooting at my people. I had a guy named Sammy who literally joined 2 days prior get his leg blown off by a shotgun, he fell to the ground but i had no chance to save him. Then my other male colonist named Jeffy got shot in the arm and went down, my people were taking damage. I had a single Arachne (spider woman) get shot in the chest and she started bleeding out. I decided "screw this" and retreated, pulled Jeffy off the ground and brought him inside, everyone was bleeding everywhere, there were elementals and androids lying dead scattered across the ground. It was absolutely chaotic.

I managed to stop everyones bleeding but i forgot about my arachne and Sammy. Sammy bled out on the ground hours later, (not a big loss, he was not very good) and Hendrix the arachne actually died but i forgot she had a cartridge (which is an item that restarts their life if they die, it only works once)   I COMPLETELY forgot she had a cartridge, i figured she was a goner and left her out there to die in favor of saving everyone else from bleeding out. Well she comes back to life, and an android puts an arrow right through her left eye socket and kills her again. I was f***ing pissed so as the androids decided to flee the map with the ice elementals chasing them, I had the one colonist without any wounds pick up a rocket launcher i was saving for something else, she mounted our colonies giant ant and took off after them. She caught them right before they got off the map. The explosion killed ALL of them, 3 or 4 androids and just as many elementals. I was satisfied with my revenge, but my stupidity allowed one of my best colonists to die. RIP Hendrix.

ManHuntingSquirrel

I had a colonist sell a prisoner to a friendly base after i destroyed an outpost. For like 2 quadrums everyone hated that colonist.
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Pangaea

I got wiped out by manhunting pigs.

My caravan got wiped out by manhunting cows. Thrice (I tried to cheat/savescum).

Domesticated animals don't like us :-(

Ultrasnoop

yes, there was this one time i was on my way to a outpost, all was going well and fine. i had all my good fighters going to the outpost for which the reward was a flatscreen TV and i had 8 more at my main base next thing you know i get attacked by mecks and while that's happening i have a infestation, all of the colonist at my base die and half of my attack force dies trying to get that flat screen TV, i keep playing for a bit more trying to save my attack force but they die from the wounds they have and this happens next.

all because i "close: (more like slam) the lid too hard.

please excuse the dead meme in the background.