Rimworld soap opera or crazy romance stories

Started by tsmt1001, April 26, 2019, 01:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmt1001

So I have this pawn Wanda Irioth join the colony. Wanda started romance with McCay. All was going well until a caravan stopped by and it had Wanda's husband in it. Shortly after caravan left McCay broke up with Wanda. I guess she forgot to mention that she was married...

LiteEmUp

lol just like real life.... sometimes its not fun being a third wheel lol... unless of course they are on an open relationship

tsmt1001

Yeah. I had this RL coffee date once:
Me: so how long you've been single?
Him: I never said I was single.

Anyways, here is another Rimworld romance.  Carys goes on a long caravan trip. Shortly after her boyfriend comes through the colony. He has decent stats, so he gets recruited. But instead of waiting for Carys to come back from her mission, he ditches her and starts a romance with Shae the gardener. Carys comes back and beats him up.

HomelessAbe

I had a group of prisoners that were awaiting their fate of being drop-podded to the various factions as gifts for relations gain. In the group were two 19 year olds who happened to fall in love and start a relationship while in captivity. I split them up, sending one to the savage tribe who is at war with everyone, and sent the other to the rough outlander group also at war with everyone, with both settlements at opposite ends of max drop pod distance.

They say true love always finds a way, but not on the Rim.

tsmt1001

I had prisoners start relationship in captivity on my last run. But they had decent stats, so they go recruited.

petersohn

Oh yeah, those romance stories. There is an important lesson for all of you: don't assign a man and a woman to mining duty if one is single and the other happily married. Now one of my miners goes home sad each day because he gets rebuffed each time by her. Not that it stops him from trying, he is a stubborn fellow. I had to reassign her to cooking (that's what her husband does BTW) to stop this madness.

petersohn

The soap opera continues. This guy I was mentioning (Fausto) finally found himself a lover. Finally, the miner woman was at peace. Happy ending, right?

Of course not. Some guy decided to seduce Fausto's lover. Of course he started harrassing the miner again. So he gets negative thoughts not only for being cheated, but also for being rebuffed. This, with some added minor pain from an old injury, pushes him over the edge every few days. Arrrgh!

tsmt1001

I have another one. Two pawns in a long-term colony - Sienna and Tom start a romance, get engaged, get married and a couple of years later get divorced. Both are now single. After another couple of years (both are still single), a group of visitors comes in, and with it Tom's wife Rachel. A secret marriage? When? How? Tom never left the colony, this is the first time Rachel showed up. Was he already married to Rachel when he started his fling with Sienna? Is this a bug, or bigamy is a feature on the Rim?