Change Packaged Survival Meals and Sterile Tiles to be pre-Electronics research

Started by Ashe, April 28, 2019, 02:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashe

Looking at the research tree, I noticed two strange inconsistencies when playing a tribal game.
The first being Sterile Tiles, which doesn't seem to have a particular reason to be post electronics research. I also find it strange that you can make sterile tiles before regular metal tiles, if you research it before Smithing. Because of this, I think Sterile Tiles should have Smithing as its prerequisite instead of Electronics.
The second was Packaged Survival Meals, which for some reason requires not only Electronics but also Nutrient Paste to research, despite not needing either to actually make them (because of fueled stoves). Thus, I think it should have neither as a prerequisite, and could then be researched immediately for any faction (of course, it already is for arrivals regardless).

patoka

i understand the first one, but sterile means no bacteria, nothing. how are you gonna produce cleaning stuff without basic electricity? like hospital op room cleanliness, that's what sterile tiles are for, generally. if anything, you should add smithing as a prerequisite to fix that issue.

the second one i dont quite get. PSM are good forever, how are you gonna produce that without either electricity or NPD tech?
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?