Factions questions

Started by tsmt1001, May 02, 2019, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmt1001

So, I destroyed all pirate bases. After I destroyed the last one, I got a message that the faction has been eliminated as this was their last base. But they still show up on the comm console. I can call and insult their leader and they will raid me after that. Is that intentional or it's a bug with the raids mod?

Kirby23590

Yes, they won't show up anymore...

And that's an oversight in that mod... They can never raid you normally... So you got rough outlanders and savage tribals raiding you only normally along with mechanoids, instead.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

khun_poo

That a huge effort you did there!  ;D

tsmt1001

Yeah, it took awhile. Would have been easier if I picked a more central location for my colony. I did it in several trips. My colony was roughly in the southeastern corner of my continent. First I took out pirate bases in the same vicinity. Then I took out the ones in southwestern corner. Then I did northeast - 4 bases in one trip, and then I did remaining 6 in the tundra and ice sheets area, that took a long time, my colonists were gone over a year. I stopped by friendly settlements, sold looted stuff and resupplied food. Every time I took out a pirate base, my relationship with other factions went up 20 points, so they were all on trading terms with me by the time I was done with the pirates.

Kirby23590

Taking out the Pirates was doing something of Randy Random's work...

I was never a fan of their Doomsday and Triple Rockets boom boom raids from them...

You did a justice to the Rims andleft  only the Rough Outlanders and Savage Tribals but are never that much bad in their raids.
Only the Mechanoids can take the Cake of being the Worst enemy to fight in the Rims while the pirates where the 2nd with their Heavy Mercs...

Unless you can hack them with the What the Hack!? Mod making them a good ally on your side...

It's easier in Smaller worlds taking them out one by one while Larger worlds could take days or weeks or even a month...

khun_poo

by the way, without those pirate around and all the remaining faction are your ally or neutral. Will event like "Chased refugee" happen?

Kirby23590

I don't think so...

But if all your factions are all neutral or friendly... It's actually bad because only the mechanoids will raid you, all day, and also they don't chase refugees i think... So better keep one faction like the Savage Tribal hostile all the time! ;D

tsmt1001

Quote from: Kirby23590 on May 14, 2019, 05:12:15 PM
I don't think so...

But if all your factions are all neutral or friendly... It's actually bad because only the mechanoids will raid you, all day, and also they don't chase refugees i think... So better keep one faction like the Savage Tribal hostile all the time! ;D

By the time I was able to send the raiding party to deal with distant bases without weakening the colony too much, I had over 50 colonists, so wouldn't be getting any chased refugees events. Also later in the game I had a mortars  turret hit a caravan because they decided to arrive just as I was dealing with a mechanoid ship and one of the tribal factions became hostile again.

khun_poo

Quote from: tsmt1001 on May 15, 2019, 02:51:59 AM
Also later in the game I had a mortars  turret hit a caravan because they decided to arrive just as I was dealing with a mechanoid ship and one of the tribal factions became hostile again.

That moment be like...
Tribal caravan derp : "Hey Lookit ! a starfall !"
Tribal caravan derpina : "Wow! let's pray!"
Kabooooooom