Family Clan

Started by Skryabin, May 04, 2019, 02:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryabin

5th of Septober 5500
Raylan's Entry

We crash landed on this planet about one month ago: me, my father Julio Gross, and my mother Narda. My father told us that we are not going to accept in our settlement any strangers, he trusts only to connections by blood. So now they are talking mostly about finding a good girl for me. I am 19. And they are going to accept only young girls to the colony hoping that I will get married. How they are going to get rid of them if it will not work, I have no idea, but it seems like they definitely have something in mind.
     But today something unexpected happened. My aunt Miriam (my father's sister) contacted us and requested help. Well, since she is considered being a part of the family, my father decided to rescue her. And he will take me to help him! We do not have any warm clothes though and it is getting cold out there. I am going to make us some parkas, but at the moment we have enough leather only for one. So my mom and dad are going to hunt two Grizzly Bears living in the woods not far from our base in order to get more leather...

I can't believe their story! As soon as they went out of the gates, my father with a single headshot put the first Grizzly bear down, causing the permanent gunshot injury in his brain! The second one they killed in about one hour. Now we should have enough leather for two parkas!

[attachment deleted due to age]

Skryabin

12th of Aprimay 5501
Raylan's Entry

This first winter was very difficult. Aunt Miriam was rescued successfully, but what a character! She is 62 years old lady with a peg leg and heavy wake-up addiction. First few days my father was trying to live with it but after Aunt Miriam was found without consciousness from an overdose, he locked her in my room saying: she is not going to leave this room until she withdraws from this shit: being a teetotaler he hates the drugs. Since then his sister is "being sick" in my room and I am sleeping in storage next to our batteries.
    By the middle of the winter, our food storage was empty because of seven Labradors joining our place. My mom's kindness almost caused us to die from hunger. Labradors  (before we finally had to slaughter them) ate all our food, and we ended up hunting every rat and squirrel trying to survive. Now we are planning to prepare well for next winter. We will grow more plants and we plan to build a hydroponics greenhouse. But suddenly in the middle of planting potatoes, we receive a call from Ana...

Theurg

Let's hope that storyteller will not send "FBI! Open up!" event just next to rescuing operation. Waiting for next Raylan's diary entry with impatience.
P.S. I could imagine what exactly aunt Miriam have to say about some young ladies in our time.

Skryabin

Quote from: Theurg on May 06, 2019, 05:32:58 AM
Let's hope that storyteller will not send "FBI! Open up!" event just next to rescuing operation. Waiting for next Raylan's diary entry with impatience.

You mean RBI I guess if we would only know Rimworld laws about the legal age  8)

And while waiting for Raylan's parents, who are lovin' almost every night, to produce an offspring, suddenly I've just learned that colonists do not get pregnant in vanilla. Installing  Children and Pregnancy Mod immediately!

Skryabin

13th of Jugust 5501
Raylan's Entry

I didn't even wanted to go on this rescue trip, but my parents got so excited, that as soon as Aunt Miriam was able to overcome her wake-up addiction and my father let her out of the room, they grabbed me and our well-trained retriever Raphael, and we went to save Ana. "She is your friend, - they said. - And we have to help our friends!" I don't even want to remember this "friend", but they are obsessed with the idea that I will marry rather someone I knew before. Hello! The girl is only 15 years old! I don't understand my parents... Anyways, now there are five of us. And Aunt Miriam is the best!

Skryabin

14th of Jugust 5501
Raylan's Entry

I'll have a brother! Or sister... My mom is pregnant! Not the best time, of course, because we lost so much time rescuing Ana, and we are not prepared good enough for the winter. I hope we will finish our hydroponics greenhouse on time!

Skryabin

11th of Decembray 5501
Raylan's Entry

Andy
     Now I have a baby brother Andy! He is 13 hours old! That is exciting news - I always wanted to have a brother...
     This winter was much easier than the first one. Our hydroponics greenhouse gives us enough food although it is not even running at the full extent. We had several raids, but nothing serious so far.
     With Ana, we are working together a lot on different projects and it seems like we are becoming friends again. But only friends... if my parents want me to get married, they have to let another girl inside our base...

Skryabin

12th of Septober 5502
(2.5 years on the planet)
Raylan's Entry

Luke
     My mom is a hero! She just delivered another baby and she named him Luke. Andy is three quadrums old and here we go, we got another brother. Andy is getting annoying sometimes when he does not have enough attention, but since we allowed him to visit our dining room, he gets on a stool and stops crying; he is "relaxing socially" like a big boy.
     Another colonist was allowed to join our colony with a hope me to get engaged. Her name is Mitsuya and she is 30 years old. She seems too old for me. With Ana we are ok and she even did an attempt to romance me, but I didn't feel like responding. She is too young, only 16 now. Seeing that nothing works out for me so far, my parents started to build a guesthouse, hoping through hospitality [mod] to find me a bride. They are restless!
     We entered Volcanic Winter seven days ago. Our Labradors have a few puppies. We also started a small chicken farm. Time goes slowly...

ManHuntingSquirrel

I can't wait for the Gross gang to go around trafficking organs and farming humans
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO

Skryabin

Quote from: ManHuntingSquirrel on May 12, 2019, 12:48:50 PM
I can't wait for the Gross gang to go around trafficking organs and farming humans
There is a high possibility he will because he just divorced his lovely wife Narda with two infants on her hands. I am in shock! Everything was so nice between them and I have no idea what was the cause of that.

QUESTION TO EVERYONE: What do you guys suggest me to do? I can load a save hoping that it will not happen again, or I can continue as is (although I do not know how to keep this falling apart Family Clan in that case). Any feedback will be appreciated!

Theurg

I'm voting for continue. "Its all drama to him" (c).
I even suggest that the reason of that divorce is about 30 years old.

Skryabin

12th of Decembray 5502
Raylan's Entry

DIVORCE

On the 22nd day of the Volcanic Winter, it finally got into our hearts covering them with ashes of darkness: my parents decided to divorce. А swarm of thoughts circled my head: we are not one family anymore? who is the head of our colony now? what about our rules not to accept strangers?
     I went to Aunt Miriam for support and we had a deep talk about how unpredictable and cruel this life is. I feel so sorry for my tiny brothers! They may never know what is it like to live in a normal family. Aunt Miriam said we need to gather for Family Council and decide how are we going to live now. I feel terrible, it seems like the worst day of my life.

Skryabin

10th of Aprimay 5503
Raylan's Entry

FAMILY COUNCIL

Early morning we got together for our Family Council. Aunt Miriam said to my mom and dad: "You are grown people my dears and you can do with your lives whatever you want, but the Family Clan should not suffer from your whims. Therefore I suggest you control your emotions and keep doing everything for the good of our small community. I hope Julio will help Nrda with their kids?" "Of course, - my father replied, - I love them." "But you do not love me, right?" - asked my mom with notes of anger in her voice. "Calm down, my dear", - quietly said Aunt Miriam. "You always support him no matter what he does. - My mom turned to her. - This is because he is your brother! I am all alone here!" She almost started to cry. "You are not alone, mom, - I said. - You know, I love you." "And I am pregnant again", - she said. "Oh, I did now know that", - my father looked surprised. "Hack off", - my mom said. "Watch your language, my dear, - said Aunt Miriam, - Raylan is here!" "Raylan is a big boy already, - my mom said. - He is 22."
     It was not a lot of fun to be there. Finally, everyone agreed to make all the important decisions together by vote. And non-family members living with us (Ana and Mitsuya) can stay for now as we have a lot of work. But no one else is going to be accepted unless there is a very special case.
     Also, everyone decided to send me and Ana on a mining trip to get some Components as we run out of them and stuck with several projects. We are going to leave in a few days when it gets a little warmer.

Skryabin

10th of Aprimay 5503
Raylan's Entry

MARIA
     Maria was born yesterday. Poor baby, she will never know what is it like to have a normal family... I am sleeping in the children's room and watching the babies. My mom needs some rest to recover after giving birth. Fall is almost here.

Skryabin

3rd of Septober 5503
Raylan's Entry

BIRTHDAY PRESENT
     Today Aunt Miriam had her 65th birthday. But there was no joy on her old face: she learned that she got Alzheimer. I wrote a poem about it:

Unfair life
prepared for you a present.
Your brain alive
but it becomes a desert,
where rivers
of the memory dry out
and packs of beavers
gnawing thoughts out loud.

Of course, I did not read it to her. It is very sad news and I am trying to give her all the support I can. But nothing seems to help so far...