[Mod Idea(s)] Floors/Terrain/Walls/Traps Galore

Started by AtonicX, May 04, 2019, 08:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtonicX

I've been thinking...

1. Heated/Cooled Tile Floors
Tile floors, made of stone/metal, that heat the tile above them to a certain temperature, and holds them there. Heated/Cooled Tiles would be connected to a thermostat, and that thermostat would control the temperature of the tile it is connected to, draining an x amount of power for each connected tile. Would make for great outdoor paths in the winter.
Cost (Floor): 5 stuff, 1 silver (for wiring).
Cost (Thermostat): 9 components, 50 silver, 250 steel

2. Anti-Infestation Floors
Thick Concrete, 6-10 feet thick, reinforced with several layers of Plasteel Reinforced Rebar. Turns the terrain it is placed on into "Thick Concrete", which would prevent Infestations from spawning on that tile. Other floors would be able to be placed ontop of it, as it is rather ugly.
Cost ("Floor"): 10 Steel, 1 Plasteel

3. Electric Flooring
A wire mesh, laid upon the ground, and connected to a control box. When activated, channels an electric shock through the mesh, possibly shocking people who cross it. Very ugly, expensive, and moderately slows people down who cross over it. When turned on, costs a large amount of power, but any pawn who crosses it will receive burns, and will be stunned temporarily. Very small chance that the floors will light pawns on fire.
Cost (Floor): 5 steel, 1 Component
Cost (Control Box): 100 steel, 5 Components

4. Spike Ditch
A primitive alternative to the Electric Flooring, but nowhere near as effective. Slows movement speed to 10%, and whoever crosses it has a low chance to receive cut damage.
Cost (Floor): 5 wood

5. Pontoon Bridge
A quickly built bridge, useful for small ponds or lakes, but can't be built in moving water.
Cost (Bridge): 1 wood, 5 steel

6. Ditch
A depression in the ground, dug out to slow peoples movement through it. Takes some time to dig out.
Cost: Nothing, only time.

7. Moat
A depression in the ground, lined with steel to hold water well, and filled with said water. Hard to move across, hard to build or remove, and an overall pain in a raider's butt.
Cost (Floor): 1 steel

8. Drawbridge
Only buildable on top of a moat, this allows for rapid access across the moat. Can be raised by a nearby pulley system (Must be within 2 tiles of the drawbridge). When raised, it acts like a wall. If the pulley system is destroyed, the drawbridge is lowered automatically.
Cost (Floor): 250 wood, 125 steel
Cost (Pulley): 25 steel, 50 wood

9. Solid Stone Floors
Floors made of a large stone chunk, buried and smoothed. For OCD people that like pretty smooth floors throughout their base.
Cost (Floor): 1 stone chunk (of a respective type), and time

10. Steel Slag Pit
A dug out pit full of sharp metal scrap. Hard to cross, and a moderate chance of cutting anyone who crosses it.
Cost (Floor): 1 steel slag

11. Slag/Stone Chunk Cover:
A chunk of steel/stone, covered in dirt to form crude cover. extremely quick to build, and great for emergency defenses.
Cost: 1 chunk

12. Faux Chunks:
Fake Stone Chunks made of wood and paper for raiders to hide behind. Gives 1% cover.
Cost: 5 wood

13. Divider Walls:
Extremely thin walls made of wood and paper, useful for dividing a room. Very weak, cheap, and flammable.
Cost: 1 wood

14. Dirt Walls:
A wall of dirt. Takes some time to build, and is EXTREMELY blast resistant, but is weak to everything else.
No cost.
Can be "upgraded", or packed, up to 100 times, adding 10 HP each time the action is repeated. Every 10 upgrades, though, the work required to make them is increased by 100.

15. Solid Stone Walls:
Walls made of solid stone. Requires a "Cuboid Stone Chunk", formed at the smelter. Much more HP than a normal stone wall, but it also takes 10 times as many resources, and about 3 times the work
to make it.
Cost (Cuboid Stone Chunk): 50 stone
Cost (Wall): 1 Cube Stone Chunk

This post was originally supposed to just about floors, but it spiraled out of control quickly. Hope you all enjoy, or pull some kind of inspiration from this!

Edit: Some weird text glitch, that was it.
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)

Bunkier

interesting ideas, i think that i'll use some of them if ya don't mind ;)

Kirby23590

I like the Dirt wall and the Anti-Infestation Floors... A lot...

Dirt walls are so cheap. But are very ugly for your colonists to look at, Tribal colonies would love it! And for Cheap Defenses...

Anti-Infestation Floors is something that i would build in mountains, so that i don't need to turn them into glorified giant freezers, and stockpiles and tombs with tons of dead raiders stuffed in there that freezes you to death inside...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Trunken

Electric Fence Floors should be available in the workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103101448
(can't say if its working)

1. Anti-Infestation Floors are sick
2. Ditch/Moat/Pits and even a Drawbridge wouldnt be bad to have either
i was thinking of a fire trench myself 8)
3. Chunk Cover/Faux *thumbsup*

Great ideas!

AtonicX

Quote from: sma342 on May 05, 2019, 10:27:46 AM
interesting ideas, i think that i'll use some of them if ya don't mind ;)

Go ahead! These are just ideas I've spat out for people to make into mods! I haven't had the time to learn modding yet, so if you're looking into making these into a mod, go right on ahead. If you do make some of them, I must request the Anti-Infestation Flooring and the Dirt Walls stuff, I think those two are the best of my ideas.
I've been thinking... (Oh no, it thinks!)

Brandon007

fifa55 difficult as you think. Knowing which team has an advantage, just this money can be used. There are many options depending on the selection of players. Like a single ball, playing only 1 pair or straight