Katawa Shoujo

Started by ParagonTerminus, July 20, 2014, 06:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParagonTerminus

So, has anyone else played this manhood annihiliation system Visual Novel?

If I tried to explain it to people who don't know it, you'd think I was insane. Instead, take a look at their about page: http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/about.php

It's a free download, so if you like good story and don't mind turning your room into a minor lake of tears I heartily suggest you get it.

And for those of us poor souls who have survived it, let us discuss here.
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

BetaSpectre

Misha!!! Y U no route!

Well Rin had an interesting go. But I think I liked lily the most.

So OP how'd you get to know about the visual novel?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

ParagonTerminus

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 20, 2014, 09:50:28 AM
Misha!!! Y U no route!

Well Rin had an interesting go. But I think I liked lily the most.

So OP how'd you get to know about the visual novel?

Well, I'm not an anime or Visual Novel fan in any way, so when a friend showed it to me I was skeptical, and when he detailed the game's concept I pretty much flat-out rejected it.

Enter me about 2 years later, and I have a new computer. He's persisting on mentioning Katawa Shoujo to me occasionally, and I finally buckle to his whim since I needed stuff to put on the computer.

And so I installed it, played it, got Hanako's route, and had whatever manhood inhabited me blasted away into oblivion. And fell in love with a cartoon >.>

Anyways, he paid me for playing the game by getting me PAYDAY 2.

All was well and happy until he figured out I was a Hanabro (he's a Lilly Lover), and thus began the violent rivalry and waifu-bashery. You don't want to hear half the stuff we've said.

So yeah, that's my Katawa Shoujo story.
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

BetaSpectre

Hanako is pretty sweet + sad. Its cool how much effort went into making the game.

I DL'd Katawa Shoujo when it was in the demo phase and laughed as I got the kenji route on my second go, got rin first.

Didn't expect the NSFW true release when it came out since I rarely used forums on the interwebs.

Found out about the demo via Baka-tsuki I think. Was reading Zero no Tsukaima when I decided to find more stuff to read.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO