New colony challenge?

Started by Demoulius, May 02, 2019, 04:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

Try doing lost tribe in a Boreal Forest. You will be hard pressed to grow enough food without electricity but it is possible.

Demoulius

Isent a Boreal forest almost identical to a temperate one? Just abit colder essentially?

Shurp

Boreal Forest is cold enough that all your crops will freeze and die, even in summer (thanks to the inevitable "cold snap" event).  So you have to grow indoors (which is obviously very hard on Tribal).  Or hunt in the summer and stockpile enough meat to last the whole year.

BTW, Ice Sheet is really not that difficult.  It's just a step up from Tundra.  You have to grow potatoes in gravel until you get enough steel for hydroponics.  Challenging, yes, but not brutal.  Not unless you intentionally pick a super cold ice sheet.  The warmer ones aren't so hard.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Demoulius

When you put it like that it does sound alot more challenging  :) what bothered me about tribals though is the slow as snails rate at which you research. You stay as 'tribals' in the research tab even when you already got everything up to industrial age researched which bugged me abit... Oh hey we can make sniper rifles and charge rifles. But obviously we are still tribals. Unga unga  ::)

Would a room heated with a few campfires be warm enough to act as a greenhouse?

tsmt1001

Kinda thought of another challenge. Play without violating Geneva convention. This basically means you can't mistreat your prisoners and butcher them for body parts.

eugeneb

Quote from: tsmt1001 on May 05, 2019, 09:54:28 PM
Kinda thought of another challenge. Play without violating Geneva convention. This basically means you can't mistreat your prisoners and butcher them for body parts.
If you butcher your prisoners for body parts but no one is around to see, does it count as violation of Geneva Convention?  ???

Demoulius

You mean I cant treat my prisoners as organ pinjatas?  :o

No fun allowed  ::)