Error with trading called "MoneyFormat"

Started by Bucu, May 08, 2019, 12:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucu

Heya ... first time posting so here i go ... i have an issue with my save-games showing me "MoneyFormat" instead of an actual price. But the actual trade works ok , it's just that i don't get a number.

I can do the maths and figure out what something is worth but ... is there a fix for this ?

Find attached pictures of the mods i use and what the error looks like , nothing in the dev console that just pops up.

Even when disabling all mods and loading the game again , the moneyformat thing is still there ( and then some other bugs but that's expected.)

you can find attached the mods i was using as well.

Thank you for looking.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi,
just a hint for the next time, the dev console or Log window got a green button "share logs" that include the your modlist too.

None of your mod's change anything about trading so far i know, ok i didn't used them all so far, i can't say it for sure.
At first you should try if that happen at the plain vanilla gameplay (without mods) too. Deactivate all mods beside hugslib.
Turn on Developer mode, then shift-click on the Top right icon (quickstart) to create fast a new test colony.
Turn on God mode (one of the Top icons), place a energy generator, maybe a battery, a com console and a trade beacon.
Once the console got power, use Open debug action menu (one of the top icons), select Do incident (map) and select OrbitalTraderArrive.
Send a pawn to use the console and start trading.
You might should safe this test colony.

When you still got "MoneyFormat", something is wrong with the Core.
Just go into your Rimworld installation, open the Mods folder and delete the Core folder.
Then let it repair or unzip the archive.

But when anything is fine, one of your mod's should cause the trouble.
Activate half of your mods, load the test colony and try again.
At this way you should find out which mod does it.

LWM

Heck, if you use Steam, completely uninstall RimWorld and then reinstall it.

That sounds like some language file got corrupted somehow >_<  No idea how you managed that, but congratulations?  Does mouseover give you anything useful, at least?

I would have blamed a mod, except for the "disabling all mods" part.

--LWM

Bucu

Thank you for the very good explanation on how to find the problem , it seems that the core might have been bugged somehow ? ( maybe because i tried loading the core as my last "mod" and messed around with the ordering as a joke .. to see what could go wrong :D ) but after a quick re-install it works fine now ... i am sorry for not thinking of this before actually asking for help ... u know , if it don't work then unplug it and plug it back in or just re-install it and it's fine ...

But it works now , thank you so very much for your time :D