How to calculate combat power for pawns/alien races?

Started by ZarZuf, May 09, 2019, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarZuf

Hi,
I'm trying to create a new alien race using the Humanoid Alien Races Framework.
All is good except one thing: I have no idea how to calculate the combat power rating of my new raider pawns.
Is there a formula?
How should I factor movement speed, healt, armor, weapons, etc...?

Kirby23590

I think it's based on the <combatPower> more...

If you set it to 30 or lower... That type of Raider should appear in Early Raids or at the start of the colony.

While the late game or end game ones are 150or 400 <combatPower> looking at the Elite Mercenary and the Mechanoid Centipede...

Middle game ones like Mercenary Gunners and Tribal Berserkers appear with 90 <combatPower>. So i mostly depends on the Combat Power for appearing in raids not their items, their movement speed or weapons...

Though the lower the <combatPower> is if the majority of them are 35 or 90. They appear in larger groups while the <combatPower> is less groups appearing in raids...

That's my experience that i know about modifying and making new raider or pawns...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ZarZuf

Ok, so let's say that I create a new raider type called "centaur berserker".
It's race is centaur, so with enhanced movement speed and a lot of other custom stats.
It can equip tribal clothing and tribal melee weapons.

How do I know how many point of <combatPower> should it be worth?

Mehni

You play Battle Royale. No joke.

https://imgur.com/9c622iQ

Leave it running for a night for best results. I'm serious.

Combat Power is an estimate of how strong a pawn is. They're all hand-authored values, with considerations for things like bodysize and speed (small and fast is deadly!).

You can attempt to calculate it. I think XeoNovaDan or Granitecosmos had a decent formula. But in the end, it's up to you to decide.

Kirby23590

Well if the centaur is a beserker and fast... Meaning he has got longswords and spears along with the tribal war mask...

I would put the <combatpower> into something like.... 120 or 130 in my book...

Is the Centaur faster than the regular non-bionic humans without go-juice? It depends on how they strong they are...

If you're planning on Centaur archers i would think about them having 55 combat power...

But it depends on your balance... And like Mehni, it's up to you to decide...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

ZarZuf

Quote from: Mehni on May 10, 2019, 06:03:52 AM
You play Battle Royale. No joke.

https://imgur.com/9c622iQ

Leave it running for a night for best results. I'm serious.

Thank you.
I had no idea this even existed.
It will be of immense help in trying to balance my pawns :)