[1.0] Sophotronics (with corpse recycling), Industrial Boats and other

Started by Zenith, May 09, 2019, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith

Update (21.II.2020): Some time ago i told about my intent to make an expansion for Boats! mod, which will add boats of industrial age. I made an alpha version of this mod, so you can try it. I will update it later, after adaptation of Boats! to 1.1. At current moment this mod is unfinished and far from being balanced, but it is still better than nothing. PREVIEW

Sophotronics
Just a simple demonstration of machinery sprites.
Description and features
This mod was initially developed as tool for turning human corpses into resources (without butchering), but then i also added some other recipes, such as production of neutroamine or hyperweave. At this moment the mod includes following features:
- Corpse recycling;
- Production of glitterworld-tech level goods (plasteel, hyperweave, luciferium, special survival meals);
- A couple of workbenches for all that things;
Additional feature: production of uncraftable items from other mods (will be implemented via additional patches with recipes).
Mod is compatible with most of other mods, as it does not affects defs of game or defs of other mods.
New game is NOT required. Exception: if you use previous version, you should remove it first, install new version, and then start a new game.

Download!(ver. 1.2 for 1.0.2150 and newer; new game may be required, but it's not confirmed)

Ceramics
A very simple mod that gives you a place to dig clay and a small furnace to make bricks from clay - but you can use an electric smelter for this. There is five new materials: clay, brick, reinforced brick (with steel), composite brick (with plasteel), zumrudi (the ceramics with beauty and color of jade - and with jade in the recipe).
Every material can be used for crafting and building. Every kind of ceramics can be created in electric smelter, and also there is a cheap fueled furnace that can create basic bricks only (an option for low-tech settlements).
Download! (ver. 1.1 for 1.0.2150)

Stockalike Endgame Arsenal
A very simple mod that adds the endgame versions of stock weapons with better stats and new graphics (or - sometimes - modified original graphics). Recipes can unlocked with technology of according weapon (so, if you will research a basic firearms, then you will be able to make an advanced revolver, and so on). Weapon can be crafted at new workbench (Gunsmith workstation) with use of advanced components and plasteel. Also there is a set of endgame power armor, which was painted into camouflage (and, maybe, later there will be a new graphics for it).
Download! (ver. 1.1. for 1.0.2150)

About license and other legal stuff: any kind of non-commercial use will be fine.[/size]

Canute

QuoteThis mod was initially developed as tool for turning human corpses into resources (without butchering)
Yeah, that i was looking for something like this a long time.
Too bad it is pretty high, but i will see how it working.

About Ceramics,
what about a step between bricks and reinforced bricks, something with steel instead plasteel ?
Or something else to get a glazed surface to enhance the beauty. Maybe a mix with glass (from another mod) or jade powder smelted at the electric smelter.

I am not sure if you can get wall with beauty value with regular blocks, but at last you could use them for furniture.

Zenith

Quote from: Canute on May 09, 2019, 04:22:42 PM
About Ceramics,
what about a step between bricks and reinforced bricks, something with steel instead plasteel ?
Or something else to get a glazed surface to enhance the beauty. Maybe a mix with glass (from another mod) or jade powder smelted at the electric smelter.

I am not sure if you can get wall with beauty value with regular blocks, but at last you could use them for furniture.
Both ideas sounds good, especially the recipe with jade powder - i will add it soon (and check a moment with beauty of the walls; as far as i know, the rock walls have the negative beauty value, but regular walls are neutal, and it is seems to be possible to add modded walls with positive beauty value)

Zenith

I tried to make a mod with upgrades of vanilla weapons (where you could be able, for example, to make the hi-tech assault rifle from regular AR, plasteel and some adv. components on the new workbench), but it seems that game does not support the recipes with exact type of item (weapon or apparel) as ingredient (the game disabled all mods after every of mine attempts to try), so i had to return to basic variant of this idea, a-a-a-and...

... Here is the sprites for my Stockalike Endgame Arsenal, which is will be uploaded in a couple of days.

This is the better versions of original guns - but these are made with use of plasteel and advanced components, so their performance is significally better (both accuracy and rate of fire, but damage was increased for bolt-action and sniper rifles only - and i'm not sure about this)
Also i decided to do some experiments with manually controlled turrets (such as mounted LMG's or some kind of cannons/rocket launchers for removal of enemy artillery), as i'd like to see some more stockalike weapon for defence.

Update: mod has been uploaded, try it!

Canute

Some feedback about Sophotronics.
Like i though, once you are able to research it you don't realy need it anymore.

It is a fast way to get ride of corpes, i think too fast. Butchering need 8 work, recycle just 2.
Ok, when the hugh research requirements, building cost and power need it is maybe ok about the speed.
But ANY corpse give out the same amout of things. If you recycle a hen or a elephant you are geting the same.
You should either modify the results depend on the original butcher amout or mass of the corpse. I would prefer original butcher, since andoids (from android tiers) give out plasteel/components from butchering. Other alien races got some different products too.

1 "human" corpse just give enough omnicompunt for 1 Civmeal but not enough neutroamine. You need 3 corpse to made 2 meals.

You should add to the Appareal nanoassembler description, that you need power armor research before. And maybe add regular power armor with some modified recipe to the assembler too.

Make durasteel, i would change 40 steel,20 plasteel into  20 plasteel,20 omnicompound,2-5 universal nanite. To stay in like with the plasteel recipe.
Durasteel got overrated armor rating but got the same weapon stats like plasteel. I would increase the Sharp damge from 110% to 120-130% and reduce the armorrating by 50% of all.

To bad the recyling tank don't got any recipes for weapon/appareal recycle.
And the name "Recycling tank" together with the grafic is maybe a bad catch.
I would rather name it as Dissassembler or Omniassember since you can disassemble and assemble at the same bench.

Maybe a building chain,
at first Nanorobotic workstation to create nanites.
And Nanites are added to the building cose for the Nanoassembler instead of Adv. components.

Zenith

Thanks for feedback, Canute! I agree with you.

The issue with results of recycling was the problem since start - i looked for ways to make mechanics of recycling similar to butchery (when results are depending on weight and state of body) with stock functions only, but it seems to be impossible without writing a .dll - which is not possible for me, because i have no programming skills. I am considering an option where there is will be only the "Recycle humanoid corpse" recipe (and recipes like "Recycle android corpse" in patches for other mods), where amount of result is still fixed, but will be closer to typical body mass of recycled corpses. Or, maybe, recipes like "Recycle large creature" (like muffalo or thrumbo), "Recycle medium creature" (like human and so on), "Recycle small creature" and so on. And there is the similar problems with recycling of items, so it's, unfortunately, was not added.

About technological requirements and recycling tanks: agreed. Mine tests with new colony has shown similar results (the pre-upload tests was on endgame colony with often raids, so it felt okay). Perhaps, i should make the recycling tanks an earlier building (which is will be available with refineries and will not produce the omnicompound - neutroamine and chemfuel only), and turn the current tanks into the new building, Omniassembler - with different set of recipes.

I will fix the recipes, descriptions and the durasteel stats in the nearest patch. Idea with the bulding chain sounds good, so it will be added in the patch too.

Canute

Ohh didn't notice it was a XML mod so far, yes without c# you are limited at the standard ways.
Do you know the universal fermenter ?
Maybe do you use it for the recycling tanks.
They are build with nanites + building material. You put in a human corpse (only) and get out the mat's after a while. Maybe need power to operate too.
Together with a Robotic/nanite research (500 research) after Microelectronic to start your own research chain.
Further research unlock other buildings.
Like a small research after Fabrication, and another small one after Adv. Fabrication.
Later you have the Omniassembler to recycle corpse at a faster and done need the tank's anymore.

Maybe take a look at other mod's if you find useful functions and ask the mod author for some help or if you could use his code.
At example Vegetable Garden, the Burn corpse to compost bill got a min. mass to work. So the pawn will gather serveral small corpses or just one larger to work.

christianmc1101

The Brick mod file seems to be broken, can you fix it or put it in an ZIP-File?
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Canute

christianmc1101,
the archive is ok.
You use prolly an outdated archive-tool. Try to use a newer version i recommend 7z.

christianmc1101

Thank you, you were right, i still used WinRaR, sorry
Mein Lieblingswort: My favorite word:
Bundespräsidentenstichwahlwiederholungsverschiebung

Zenith

Attention! Achtung! Внимание!
The mods has been updated and now available for download by following links:
Sophotronics(ver. 1.1 for 1.0.2150; Glittertech patch included in separate folder)
Ceramics (ver. 1.1 for 1.0.2150)
Stockalike Endgame Arsenal (ver. 1.1. for 1.0.2150)
Here is the changelogs.

Sophotronics:
- Now recipes for corpse recycling allows human corpses only;
- Changed costs of rations (so one corpse will give enough of them);
- Improved weapon stats of durasteel (so it will be the best weapon material in game - with somewhat proper cost);
- Edited building materials of workbenches (everything but Nanoroboticist's workbench uses nanites instead of Adv. Components);
- Added room sterilizer (uses stock lamp sprite as a placeholder) for creation of ultimately clean hospitals and labs;
- Hive power armor uses durasteel instead of plasteel (so it will be not so cheap as before).

Ceramics:
- Changed the color of Zumrudi (now it is similar to color of jade).

Stockalike Endgame Arsenal:
- Changed sprites and names of needle rifle (sprite only, actually), heavy SMG (it is Assault SMG), machine pistol (now it is for assault too).
- Added two manual turrets: the machine gun and charge machine gun (unlocked with proper firearms technologies). CMG uses uranium as fuel for it's reactor, MG uses steel as it's barrel (but don't worry, 3000 shots will be enough for most of your needs)

King_WeiserTV

Hey there, Devs just pushed out an update and this is what I get when using your mod.

""
Unable to parse version string on mod Ceramics from Zenith "Unknown"
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.ModMetaDataInternal:TryParseVersion(String, Boolean)
Verse.ModMetaDataInternal:TryParseSupportedVersions(Boolean)
Verse.ModMetaData:Init()
Verse.ModMetaData:.ctor(String)
""

It seems to work so far ingame, even though it says "not made for this version of the game" however I haven't actually tested it. But items do show up. Thanks if you check into this.

Zenith

Attention! Achtung! Внимание!
A new update for Sophotronics has been released. A new game is required.
Changes in this update:
- Added separate technology tree (in Sophotronics tab);
- Changed some names and descriptions of buildings and items;
- Removed power armor from mod (but armor will return soon - as add-on for Sophotronics, and it will have new sprites);
- Removed durasteel (perhaps, i should return it into some add-on with hyper-ultra-super-duper-ubertech materials?);
- Replaced placeholder graphics of machinery with new (rotatable) sprites. Some of them will be replaced later with improved versions - it's definitely not a final version;
- Removed Glittertech patch (it's temporary, i will do it ASAP with another patches);
- Maybe something else that i probably forgot.