Infestation bait question

Started by tsmt1001, May 10, 2019, 04:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsmt1001

I got the infestation bait mod installed and I built an infestation bait deep under the mountain away from my stuff. So far it seems to have no effect on the infestations. I had 2 infestations so far and both were far from the bait. So what exactly is it supposed to do?

Canute

Since this mod isn't released on the forum you may ask the mod author about it.

tsmt1001

Ok, I figured this one out, so I'll post an update in case people are interested. In mod settings for Infestation bait, you can set the odds of it attracting the next infestation. The default is 50%. So I upped it to be higher and it actually worked - the infestations started around the bait. Of course, they destroy it, so it needs to be replaced after every infestation. Seriously, in real life I wouldn't spend resources on a critter control product which works only 50% of the time, so why would I put up with that in the game?

Vlad0mi3r

Because, like you said you can up it in the mod settings. Also Infestations tend to pop up at the same spot after the first one so maybe just wait and see if they pop up again without the bait in the same spot. Also baiting them would mean you can set up a defence point so you can grind them up easy.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503