Help with load errors pls

Started by Bard Ray, May 10, 2019, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bard Ray

I got this error list when starting the game, someone can tellme where the error is plis? or any tip to find it
Here's what i get
https://pastebin.com/5n9JZhTw

Canute

Hi,
if you would just look at the first line, it basicly explain itself.

QuoteMalformed (correct format is Major.Minor) version string on mod My Little Planet from Oblitus "1.0.0" - parsed as "1.0"
<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)

It is because since Rimworld release 1.0.2159 the syntax for the About.xml got changed and all these mod are still not updated.
You can edit them self, but for workshop mod you should local copy them first or steam allways repair it back.

Bard Ray

Quote from: Canute on May 10, 2019, 05:08:36 PM
Hi,
if you would just look at the first line, it basicly explain itself.

QuoteMalformed (correct format is Major.Minor) version string on mod My Little Planet from Oblitus "1.0.0" - parsed as "1.0"
<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)

It is because since Rimworld release 1.0.2159 the syntax for the About.xml got changed and all these mod are still not updated.
You can edit them self, but for workshop mod you should local copy them first or steam allways repair it back.

Lol that was stupid from my part, but i still get this
https://pastebin.com/s3XA2yxv
and cant understand what to do here

Bard Ray

Canute

Quote<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)
This is the same like before

QuoteUnable to parse version string on mod  from Anonymous "Unknown"
Here i think you got some folder at your Mods folder which arn't mods i think.
Or some malformated About.xml files.

I don't think all these msg. belong to mod from Dub are error's or does they have red text when you look at the at the ingame logwindow ?

QuoteXML error: Duplicate XML node name thingCategories in this XML block: <ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
Since this belong to many regular vanilla building i am unsure if they come from a mod or if the Core folder got some old files.
You can either deactivate all mods and check if these error still happen.
Or just delete the whole Core folder and let it repair/reinstal it.

But when they come from a mod, you definitiv should find the mod. I don't think the game will run fine with these errors.