AI storyteller: Karl Catastrophe

Started by NUDEMODS, May 12, 2019, 03:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NUDEMODS

Fairly simple idea. New storyteller who takes long pauses between events, but the events are often devastating. It'd be geared toward more experienced Cass Extreme style players, but give a somewhat more Randy but more hellbent on annihilation feel. For the true masochists out on the Rim

Limdood

I'm not sure it's really worth it for Ludeon to try to add more "official" (which also means tested, balanced, and  fine-tuned) storytellers.  There are a number of modders out there who have mods out there that add storytellers.

Additionally these mods don't affect the game in ANY way UNLESS that storyteller is used, so it they can pretty freely be added to any game with no side effects.

Lastly, it means that players can include only the storytellers they want to use, rather than Ludeon adding a new storyteller for each desired gameplay style someone asks for, and scrolling through an official list of 100 storytellers.

patoka

while i think this is a mod and not vanilla, i think it would be funny if karl would first give you many positive things and then in a short time multiple bad things. if you survive, you will be helped by the story teller again, until the next catastrophic events happen.

obviously this would mean that multiple raids could happen at once, which either meet and attack eachother or meet and join forces against you, both of which would be kinda meh. i guess you could forbid that and only allow one raid per day for the duration of the catastrophe, but then you'd have silly things like flash storms when raids start, or toxic fallout whilst a siege, or cold snap volcano eruption when an army of non-cold-resistant animals attack and so on. although it would be funny that with every raid going on you also have stuff falling from the sky and so on.
but honestly, if you are looking for sth for masochists try sea ice challenges or what i did recently: hills river street desert naked survival on a tiny map. (didnt find one with mountains, street was important for raids and traders) i was unlucky due to only having a single agave which didnt ripen until half a year later, but randy first gave me a free squirrel that attacked me, then i could somehow hunt down an ostrich with a log and lastly chinchillas were on a migration and i could kill like a dozen of them with a knife or club i think with barely a scratch (good melee, jogger; chinchillas took long to escape due to river and other obstacles)
what is hilarious is that i have to harvest rice grown in soil half a map away from the ruins i live in almost at night when the two boomlopes are still sleeping. they have been starving forever now and would immediately gobble up any of my plants. i also lack wood for anything, not even research table is possible and definitely no walls due to desert climate and me not being able to plant or even research planting trees xD i am on such a grind, it is insane. had to deconstruct all ruins and floors to build a wall around my fields and to expand my first ruin. also, NPD is your best friend. no need to waste time or wood cooking, no food poisoning, no waste of food. and yes you can just directly plug it into the wind generator without batteries (or cables that go zzzzzzt). surprisingly reliable due to low energy consumption.
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?