Divorce

Started by Skryabin, May 12, 2019, 06:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryabin

I play with Children and Pregnancy mod. Julio and Narda just had their second baby. Andy is 1 y.o. and Luke is one quadrum old. Everything goes great. Julio's opinion of Narda is +77. Narda's opinion of Julio is +79. And it is 20:00.

In two hours Julio asked Narda for a break. His opinion of Narda is +32. Her opinion of Julio is -37. His opinion within two hours drops from +77 to +32 (45 points) without any visible cause and he divorce his wife leaving her with two babies on her hands.

I understand that I could miss something, but what it possibly could be? And is there a number like if the opinion of a spouse drops below +35 he or she asks for a break? Or is it random? Anyway, since it is not possible to keep track of everything wouldn't it be nice to indicate the cause of the divorce in the breakup message? Just for the record ::)

B@R5uk

There is always a chance for spouses to break up. It's very small, like some hundredth of percent, but nonetheless. Of course chance is smaller for spouses with high opinion of each other, but I have never tried to study the formula.

You can actually see these chances if you turn on development mode. There would be new button on social window with pulldown where you should select "interaction chances". There you can see chances to chat, deep talk, slight and insult. There would be some rarer interaction chances like compliment for nice persons, chances to woo for love interests and chances for marriage proposal and break up for couples. You can also infer come clues from this button menu about how likely for given people to fall in love is and how stable thier marriage would be depending on attractability and compatibility between them. If you try and like this hidden data welcome to the dark side!

Limdood

Also mood falling for "no reason" is actually good reasons (like "Deep conversation, +15, 24 hours) expiring.

It just means that they gained some positive social relationship with each other through associating with each other, but those positive gains were temporary (to keep them, they'd have to continually talk and spend time with each other), and likely they just...ran out.

Skryabin

Quote from: B@R5uk on May 13, 2019, 12:33:34 AM
You can actually see these chances if you turn on development mode. There would be new button on social window with pulldown where you should select "interaction chances". There you can see chances to chat, deep talk, slight and insult. There would be some rarer interaction chances like compliment for nice persons, chances to woo for love interests and chances for marriage proposal and break up for couples. You can also infer come clues from this button menu about how likely for given people to fall in love is and how stable thier marriage would be depending on attractability and compatibility between them. If you try and like this hidden data welcome to the dark side!

Wow! Very nice to see all those chances.

Quote from: Limdood on May 13, 2019, 08:51:55 AM
Also mood falling for "no reason" is actually good reasons (like "Deep conversation, +15, 24 hours) expiring.

It just means that they gained some positive social relationship with each other through associating with each other, but those positive gains were temporary (to keep them, they'd have to continually talk and spend time with each other), and likely they just...ran out.

Yes, I did not know I had to pay attention to that...

ManHuntingSquirrel

A good way to keep them together is to asign them to the same job or jobs where they aren't too far away from each other (For example tailoring and art if the producing tables are close enough)
- The Squirrel-Llama Manhunting Association CEO