Started by Kenneth, May 17, 2019, 06:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legendary

Yes, loading time was cut significantly. Old save worked just fine, no glitches.

BTW, @Kenneth please provide short intro about your-self. It's always interesting to know more about new game developer / programmer. Where is Tynan?
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

deepan

I run 45 to 50 mods. Testing reduced mod times from 3 to 5 minutes to 1 to 2 minutes. I love the update! Thank you.

TastyCookies

Wow this update drastically reduced my loading times. I reported before that I had a load time of approximately 51 minutes with 242 mods and about 25% of them are content heavy. After this beta update, I have a load time of 16 minutes and 30 seconds with the same setup. Great work Ludeon!

Note that the author of RIMMSLoadUp stated that the mod may not be necessary more with this update, however he also stated that it is missing the preview texture cache which hopefully can be integrated with this update to help speed things up a bit more. BetterLoading Screen mod still works with this new version.

legendary

Quote from: TastyCookies on May 20, 2019, 06:37:53 AM
Wow this update drastically reduced my loading times. I reported before that I had a load time of approximately 51 minutes with 242 mods and about 25% of them are content heavy. After this beta update, I have a load time of 16 minutes and 30 seconds with the same setup. Great work Ludeon!

Note that the author of RIMMSLoadUp stated that the mod may not be necessary more with this update, however he also stated that it is missing the preview texture cache which hopefully can be integrated with this update to help speed things up a bit more. BetterLoading Screen mod still works with this new version.

This is pure insanity... 242 mods? Could you please share the list? Even HardcoreSK doesn't have so many mods. Compatibility question? OMG.
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

Kenneth

Thanks for all the feedback and keep it coming, I've updated the first post with additional information.
Please let us know about any mod incompatibility you encounter, we are currently investigating incompatibility reports.

TastyCookies

Quote from: legendary on May 20, 2019, 07:30:17 AM
This is pure insanity... 242 mods? Could you please share the list? Even HardcoreSK doesn't have so many mods. Compatibility question? OMG.
Here is the attachment that has my mod list, note that there are a lot of mods that are def heavy. Surprisingly, I did not get any errors upon startup. I only get errors when I open up the mod list but they are harmless and it is caused by ModSwitch.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ser Kitteh

Starting up game with latest patch: 2:00 minutes
Loading game: 17:88 seconds

Unfortunately, one step backward and one step forward. That's a 10 second increase starting up but not much else.

Stormtail

Currently working with 270 mods. https://gist.github.com/703db642d29b16feb723cd42b753cd5f for the error log. 580s load time. 9 minutes where prior it was about 15-20. Holy mother of god.

Zaltys

Down to about 15 minutes from 45 mins. So cut in third, definitely an improvement. Still bit on the slow side, but I use a lot of race and animal mods, so maybe that's unavoidable. According to BetterLoading, the databases/defs load very quickly now. Used to be that it spent most of the time reading defs, now it spends 90% of it on the 'finishing up' phase.

Quote from: legendary on May 20, 2019, 07:30:17 AM
I'm currently using 261 mods myself. Seems to be pretty standard among long-time players. As for compatibility problems, a single badly-written mod can easily break the game. Just need to detect and remove the broken ones, and then 200+ mods will run fine. This is a good tool to start with.

RemingtonRyder

Running 23 mods on my laptop. No errors on startup, startup time seems to be faster than before.

Maboy

(~200 mods) Before the update: ~1700 seconds = ~28 minutes
(~200 mods) After the update: ~300 seconds  = ~5 minutes

Best mod related update ever <3

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: BlueTressym on May 18, 2019, 11:56:35 PM
Just offering some feedback.  I'm not sure on loading times ATM (I got distracted - don't ask!) but will try again and report on that.  I HAVE noticed an error popping up that seems to be related to Fluffy's Mod Manager. 

That log looks like it's related to ModCheck, a precursor to my Mod Manager. In any case, some incompatibilities with mods that directly touch mod loading are perhaps to be expected.

talon20

Hi! The latest update has significantly improved my load time, by at least a couple minutes. I would estimate it's gone from 4-7 minutes to maybe 2-3. I uploaded my log to github just in case it helps- https://gist.github.com/0528b9cb874667c0ec1771fba18198a1. The creating defs part seems to go a lot quicker. It does get hang up on the xml creation part still, specifically the RecipeDef part. Probably because of the # of mods I have that add crafting. Great update though- and thanks for the great game Tynan.

Ziehn

Mod count - 288

Load time without new version 1 hour

Load time with new version ~10 mins

No incompatibilities seen so far.

Can finally stop using the Multiplayer mod for Singleplayer, good work!  ;D

legendary

Quote from: Ziehn on May 20, 2019, 03:39:25 PM
Mod count - 288

Load time without new version 1 hour

Load time with new version ~10 mins

No incompatibilities seen so far.

Can finally stop using the Multiplayer mod for Singleplayer, good work!  ;D

Please include your mod list. Such humongous lists are interesting.