Ziehn

Quote from: legendary on May 21, 2019, 02:46:42 AM
Quote from: Ziehn on May 20, 2019, 03:39:25 PM
Mod count - 288

Load time without new version 1 hour

Load time with new version ~10 mins

No incompatibilities seen so far.

Can finally stop using the Multiplayer mod for Singleplayer, good work!  ;D

Please include your mod list. Such humongous lists are interesting.
Sure, here's the Mod Manager list. I have a steam list but it's a mess atm so not really fit for sharing.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Ziehn,
that list is total pointless.
At last i could see you use hugslib, just press CTRL-F12 to create a logfile.
That link include your modlist too.

Ziehn

Quote from: Canute on May 21, 2019, 04:21:40 PM
Ziehn,
that list is total pointless.
At last i could see you use hugslib, just press CTRL-F12 to create a logfile.
That link include your modlist too.
Place attached file in AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\ModLists
Load Fluffy's Mod Manager
Load saved mod list from the mod manager
Click Subscribe to all missing workshop mods
The file even has mod names in plain text if that's all you were after, just scroll down

Cinergy92

My load times when from 580s(stable) --> 180s(unstable). I used the startup impact mod to test this, but I also have RIMMSLoadUp mod that helps load times on both.

Razuhl

I reviewed the code changes in the new version and wanted to offer some feedback and clarification of what has been done.

First what has been done and what can be expected

Old means it was done in RIMMSLoadup and offers no new benefit.

New - When creating objects from xml configurations the reflection results are cached.
New - When processing xml, hash lookups replace linear searches. Much better scaling.
Old - The lookup for types referenced in xml is cached so that the work is not repeated.
Old - The preview images are now only loaded when looking at the mod list.
Old - Corrected xml iterations to avoid unnecessary searches.
Old - Skipping comments in xml files.

The new changes improve the conversion of the configuration files into defs used by the game. The old changes improve the merging and processing of xml files and reduce the memory consumption during loading.

Texture loading or a direct improvement to mod constructor runtime is not to be expected. If mods load their configuration file or other xml sources they can improve their speed.

Further improvements for these changes

• Not all xml iterations are fixed. Only the ones handled by RIMMSLoadup. The ones in PatchOperationAdd, PatchOperationAddModExtension, PatchOperationInsert and PatchOperationReplace are still faulty.
  • When caching reflection results the MethodInfos should be replaced with delegates(Delegate.CreateDelegate) since they all reference static methods with identical parameters. This is multiple times faster.
  • Only comments are skipped when loading xml files, not unnecessary whitspaces. Adding the IgnoreWhitespace parameter makes sense. In for a penny in for a pound.
  • When preview images have been loaded they stay loaded, the mod manager dialog should null them in it's postClose and call Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets() so the memory is not wasted for later gameplay. Fringe case however.

BlueTressym

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 20, 2019, 11:57:45 AM
Quote from: BlueTressym on May 18, 2019, 11:56:35 PM
Just offering some feedback.  I'm not sure on loading times ATM (I got distracted - don't ask!) but will try again and report on that.  I HAVE noticed an error popping up that seems to be related to Fluffy's Mod Manager. 

That log looks like it's related to ModCheck, a precursor to my Mod Manager. In any case, some incompatibilities with mods that directly touch mod loading are perhaps to be expected.

Hi Fluffy.  The error was entirely expected on my part, so I'm not bothered by it, just mentioning it.  I haven't used ModCheck for ages though, since I discovered your Mod Manager, which makes my mod handling easier by orders of magnitude.  No idea why I'd get an error related to ModCheck when I don't use it but heck, I don't really have a clue abut how this all works. 

My load time is at about 15 mins ATM with around 300-ish mods.  That's about half what it was before.  Now all I have to do is figure out what to do about the in-game lag... 

Canute

You don't need to have explicit activate the Modcheck mod.
Many modder use the modcheck.dll at their own.
Just search for "modcheck" at your mods folder and you maybe find a modcheck.dll.

Felixlova

Load times have been significantly improved for me. Previously it could take up to 15 minutes to load my game with a ton of mods, now when I started it with the unstable branch it took 1-2 minutes, didn't measure the exact time for either, though.

BlueTressym

Quote from: Canute on May 24, 2019, 02:51:10 AM
You don't need to have explicit activate the Modcheck mod.
Many modder use the modcheck.dll at their own.
Just search for "modcheck" at your mods folder and you maybe find a modcheck.dll.

Thank you Canute.  Is the modcheck.dll something that I need to be concerned about?  I've heard of .dll files and I know they are in some mods but I don't know what they are or what they are supposed to do. 

Canute

The .dll are libaries, they expand the game with function the vanilla don't provide.
In case of the modcheck.dll, like the name say, give the modauthor some tools to check for other mods and do some action based on the results.

The mod with the modcheck.dll need to have these .dll file or it would cause error and maybe didn't work correct anymore.

BlueTressym

Thank you for the clarification.  As stated before, I'm getting an error with it.  I know it was mentioned that this could happen.  Is it something that will get fixed? 

Canute

Noone can realy say something about that.
Maybe the Rimworld devs fix some screws so no problem at all will show up. Since there wasn't a problem with ModManager,ModCheck and RIMMSLoadUp (which is basicly similar to the changes now) before.
But i am sure Nightinggale and Fluffy will do their best (like allways) to made their mods compactible again.
You just need to have to wait.

BlueTressym

Dekent59

Have around 300 mods activated, startup time went from 151 seconds to 106 seconds, nice patch!  The biggest culprits (per startup impact) are alien framework (pretty sure its one of the biggest  contributors to long load time for mod heavy people), Pick up and Haul, and Achtung!   

Haven't played yet to see if anything is borked but didn't see any (new) errors in my log. 

Nightinggale

Quote from: BlueTressym on May 18, 2019, 11:56:35 PM
Just offering some feedback.  I'm not sure on loading times ATM (I got distracted - don't ask!) but will try again and report on that.  I HAVE noticed an error popping up that seems to be related to Fluffy's Mod Manager. 

Quote[ModCheck] Internal failure patching Verse.LoadedModManager.ApplyPatches
I'm not really sure why it's only reported here (and not to me through the forum) when it explicitly states ModCheck. However I updated ModCheck yesterday to fix this problem and it should be gone by now. If not, odds are that you rely on some mod, which includes ModCheck.dll and that mod haven't updated. If you don't feel like waiting for such mods to update, you can add the ModCheck mod.

The problem isn't even a serious one. It just disables the ability to profile xml patching (performance measurement for modders). Everything else should still work just fine.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.