Need some help plox

Started by jimmyjimjames, May 18, 2019, 04:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyjimjames

I have tried for the past 2 hours to figure out a mod corrupted error in my mod list, i guess i am to stupid to figured it out and this is my last hope it seems. Looking for someone who knows a thing or two about mod load orders/errors to help. I appreciate anyone who is willing to take there time to help me, thanks in advance. Im new to forums so not sure how to format this correctly or what exactly is needed. I will post the errors from the clipboard if anything else is needed let me know.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

About load order:
Basicly it doesn't matter much. But you need to put required mod before the mod that need it.
And you should avoid mod's which modify the same thing, then the last one get in effect.
But sometimes the mod author modify not at the way he should do it, then it can cause conflicts, but this you only notice once error's show up.

QuoteCould not load UnityEngine.Texture2D  at Apparel/Display/Xcom2
mosttimes you can see a hint about the mod. Mosttimes the author forget to update the texture path/syntax.

QuoteCould not execute post-long-event action.
That error don't give any hint about the mod.
But i think that error comes from a running colony. Then you just need to check what you recently build or finished, some of these should give an effect because of "ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished".

Happy error hunting.
Better disable mod's that cause error on startup then to risk a critical error later.

jimmyjimjames

Thanks for trying to help me, I dont have a running colony ive deleted config file and re downloaded the game to try and fix the corrupted mod error. I disabled a lot of the mods i saw in the errors but i still see it happening. I ve never ran into this issue before, should i try to disable my mods one by one?

Canute

Or disable them all at first.
Just to check if the Core is error free (can happen special at steam since it don't delete old version files).
Then activate mods, at first the libaries like hugslib, then Quality of life mods that don't add stuff, ...
Just activate 5-10 mods at once, and watch the log window after each activation to identify mods that cause errors.

At the end or at first you can try a mod sorting tool like
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.0
But that don't help against mod that cause error from themself.

jimmyjimjames

Ive deleted and re downloaded my Core i get some errors with no mods installed put attachment of it. So mod order dont mean to much besides the ones stating otherwise?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

QuoteMalformed (correct format is Major.Minor)
This isn't an error, isn't the text just yellow ? The mod still works fine
It is because the mod is made for Rimworld 1.0 (2059) and at Rimworld 1.1 the syntax for About.xml got changed.
You can manual adjust it to remove it, but it would be pointless on a workshop mod since steam would think it need to repair it (i think i don't use steam).

QuoteAttempt to use string SupportedVersions to refer to field supportedVersions in type Verse.ModMetaData+ModMetaDataInternal; xml tags are now case-sensitive. XML: <ModMetaData><name>Masturbation</name><author>Jebus</author><url>http://reddit.com/r/ScottBeckman</url><SupportedVersions><li>1.0</li><li>0.19</li><li>0.18</li></SupportedVersions><description>
Adds masturbation as a joy source (done in a private room).
Looks like the mod author made a mistake at the About.xml, maybe he masturbate to much while he edit it ! :-))
But the mod should still work.

jimmyjimjames

Thank you for your help i ended up removing those mods now im error free without any, im just add them 5-10 at a time to find corrupted one