My favorite custom scenario - Rich, Intelligent, Explorer

Started by Cassey, June 04, 2019, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

I love playing the Rich Explorer scenario, but hate spending an hour rolling characters until I get the one I want.  The scenario editor allows me to shorten that time (shy of just custom making my character).

My scenario:  Rich, intelligent, explorer

Basis:  I'm out doing this on my own.  I'm not an idiot.  I'd only do this because I have skills that allow me to and give me a fighting chance.

Changes:
Disable infestations - hate spending a week in the game to have my primary colony infested and everyone dies.  The bugs are just too hard to kill in the number that arrive if they spawn in a critical area (like your food prep area).
Great memory - its what helped me become rich in the first place
Pet - Husky.  What?  You don't think I would bring the best (IMHO) animal with me to help?
Age - 28 to 35.   It took awhile to learn the skills I needed.  Yeah, a 15 year old could inherit the money, but that is not me, I earned my wealth.  Not that my parents were poor - they helped pay for part of college, although I was bored there.  BTW - I paid them back with interest.
Super-immune - yeah, I had all my shots before I left.  Remember:  Intelligent
Too-Smart - Its a social curse, but it is who I am.
Researched:  Solar power, Medicine Production, Charged munitions - basic survival skills, why wouldn't I learn them before leaving?

Canute

Quotebut hate spending an hour rolling characters until I get the one I want.
Then don't do it and get the mod EdB Prepare Carefully.
Then you can customize your pawn at your wishes.

Cassey

I like to have a bit of variation - the scenario editor (once I noticed I could save them) gets me close enough.  It already too easy to make a super character that only dies via chance.  Don't want things TOO easy - it just a game balance thing.

But thanks for the mod hint.  So far, playing mod free.

Canute

How much modify it is still upto you.
But if you just rolling the stas over and over, is something i disliked at Rimworld from the beginning.
So a fair point system for each char/scenario is much better.