Game won't load with only 21 mods!

Started by Dan_John24, May 19, 2019, 11:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_John24

I have subscribed to 21 mods ,listed below, all from the Steam workshop. I have gone through the process of deleting mods; deleting the download cache; uninstalling the game; and various other things. All that ever happens is that the game loading screen gets to "initilizing" and then stops responding - at which point I close it. Has anybody got any suggestions of what I can do or something I'm doing wrong? I'm on the most recent version.

Mod list:

HugsLib
JecsTools
Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
Psychology
Industrial Age - Objects and furniture
Call of Cthulhu(COC) - Cults
RimWriter - Books, Scrools, Tablets, and Libraries
Twi'Lek Race
COC - Factions
Rimworld Search Agency
Xenohumans - Gen-Spliced Xenos on the Rim
TD Enhancement Pack
Smart Speed
Rimworld Stockpile Presets
ResearchPal
Pharmacist
Incident Person Stat
Fluffy Breakdowns
Faction Discovery
EdB Prepare Carefully
Allow Tool

Note: The mod order is HugsLib, JecsTools and humanoid alien races 2.0 but after that it is a random order

Canute

Hi,
most of the mods are familar and shouldn't cause problems beside
- COC - Factions

Disable that mod, then try to start a new colony.
If that don't help you need to disable more, until you found out which one cause the trouble.

Dan_John24

That's call of Cthulhu factions, I just didn't feel like writing out "call of Cthulhu" again. I'd have thought that was a fairly well known mod

And after a test it didn't see to sort it  :(

Canute

I don't know why you wrote it anyway ?
There is a modconfig.xml you could use, or the Share logs button from hugslib which include the modlist too.

Dan_John24

Thanks for the info! In your opinion what computer specs would you need to run these mods? My computer is kinda crap so that might be the issue

Canute

Bad/old computer just extend the loading time and maybe later the affinity for lag.
But it never cause any errors, except you still use the 32 bit version and maybe run out of memory, but then Rimworld would crash.

But when you have indeed a very bad mashine, the startup time can be signigicant longer even with just the 21 mods.
To monitor how far Rimworld is with the loading you can add
Better loading mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47892.0

If you currently can't start the game anymore, you should reset the modlist with deleting the modconfig.xml.
That file should be at the Config folder which is located at the same area the safegames are.
To locate the safegames read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0
After deling the modconfig.xml start Rimworld.
Then adding a few mods at first
Better Loading
Core
Hugslib
Jecstools
Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
Faction Discovery
EdB Prepare Carefully
Allow Tool

With the next batch add
Pharmacist
Incident Person Stat
Rimworld Search Agency
Smart Speed
TD Enhancement Pack
Psychology
ResearchPal

After that the remain of your mods.

That rimworld get stuck at the loading is a very rare case, normaly it comes back and show errors or it crash.
When you encounter error's use the green button Share log to post the logfile.
Or when it crashes look for the original logfile (location from the link above) and attach that file to your answer. File attach option are only shown when you press on Reply.

Dan_John24