Vehicles

Started by Zenith, May 20, 2019, 07:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith

In the RimWorld you can send big caravans, you can launch a swarm of droppods, you can even build an interstellar spaceship - but there is no wagons, no cars, and no boats (so there is only one way to cross the deep water - a drop pods). Of course, modders are tried do make vehicles (not once - and as far as i can see, unfortunately, all these mods are abandoned), but it seems that this mechanics needs to be supported by devs, as it is a really complex thing.

Chesssx

It sounds like a lot of work to make, but I see how it could pay off.
Remember that enemies get turned into hats, colonists get turned into chemfuel unless they are a pyro then they get to burn alive.

Limdood

it's also been suggested since the earliest alphas.

Seriously, use search on the forums to find what your idea is and contribute to those posts.  it saves from having the same "new idea" pop up every couple months, rehashing the exact same points, and the people who propose it thinking they're brilliant visionaries just because the people who've pointed out problems the last bajillion times are tired of discussing the same thing over and over with people who won't even read the sticky threads in the forum.

Kirby23590

Vehicles was a very old suggestion wayyyy back...

But yeah... What we got, ancient highways, Caravans and Transport Pod Launchers but no car or wreckage on sight...

I think it comes from that why it's in the game is that it might be hard to implement and complicated by the devs or that they don't have any coding experience on how to add them... And Jecstools and still kinda fixing the problem on the vehicle part...

However when it is added, i think it will kinda pay off in the year of 2022...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jbox1

I've always wanted boats, not gonna lie. It'd make a great neolithic method for traveling across the oceans. Even better if boats can be constructed like ships, and would allow players to build floating fortresses to use in their plans for world domination.

omatkoicorko

indeed i was suggesting it months ago, and im doing it each time on steam and here... i believe that land transport is needed in this game, as we have transport for medieval games, we have transport for future tech travels. but nothing in the middle. i really wish that they implement it.

NinjaSiren

[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!