If you are Tynan, what is your development priority?

Started by TK3600, May 22, 2019, 11:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK3600

What is the top 5 you will fix/add if you are in charge? For me, I am more inclined to more polishing before contents.

1. Mod load time (in progress)

Most flaw and lack of content can be matigated by big mod support. However the loading time is choking the modding potential. This is very important.

2. Rework caravan system.

It is a pain to select colonist, bed roll, pack animal in a long list every time. Best to have a template system.

Caravan load too slowly due to poor AI. Instead of fixing it which is hard, maybe consider let them load instantly just like reform caravan in outposts.

Prisoner cannot be loaded on drop pod.

You cannot deliver caravan request without a person in drop pod.

3. More faction options.

Right now they are just placeholders. They are static and passive. They do not grow with you. They do not fight each other. No sense of progress.

One sided interation. You can them for help, but they do not call you. Not that pirate raid them in first place.

4. Rebalance the mood system.

Despite seemingly complex system the numbers are very random. Dirty room is worse than losing father. People break easily to weird stuff, and get over major loss like losing daughter with a little beer and decent meal. They treat bunch of sandbag as if staring at piles of corpse.

5. More enemies.

Man huntering pack is rare late game. It is always mechanoids. At least raider have interesting strats. Mechanoid dont even seek cover, they are just 3 bots moving in straight lines. Maybe add self exploding spider bot as a mechanoid "siege"?

ReZpawner

Since the game is already done, and made a bunch of money, I'd go with:
1. Blackjack
2. Vat-grown sex-slaves with nudist traits.
3. Yayo.
4. On second thought, forget the blackjack.
5. Profit.

BlackHunter

1. Fixing bugs and game balance.
2. Reworking space ship design. At this game ships looks goddamn awful. Not that ugly, but irrational.
3. Just adding more respectable mods to vanilla.
Nothing more could be done.

AileTheAlien

Factions and/or settlements should get stronger or weaker, depending on what events you help them with, how you fight them, or what they have to deal with on their own. Right now, every faction is a static snapshot in time, always sending you the same fighters in different sizes, but they never have to fight off things like your colony needs to, like toxic fallout, blights, low population from wars, etc.

Maverik

1. Include the better mods into the game (With a extensive revision of the balance and the tone)

2.Make a fully fledged expansion plenty of new mechanics focused on factions and space ships.

3. profit

eugeneb

Quote from: ReZpawner on May 22, 2019, 02:43:07 PM
Since the game is already done, and made a bunch of money, I'd go with:
1. Blackjack
2. Vat-grown sex-slaves with nudist traits.
3. Yayo.
4. On second thought, forget the blackjack.
5. Profit.
I don't know, it might just be me but with vat-grown nudist sex-slaves, I'd consider going with wake-up rather than yayo.