[1.0] Starcraft in the Rim

Started by Renatoliu, May 26, 2019, 10:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renatoliu

I love both SC2 and Rimworld, and I´m thinking in starting a mod for Rimworld to introduce the protoss race. First would be a small Protoss Forge (pun intended), with some weapons and buildings unique to protoss, introduce the Kaydarin Crystal (a new mineral to be mined, specifically to build protoss things. After that, use the Humanoid Alien Races 2.0  to build the actual Protoss (which I think will be harder to do).

After that, maybe the zerg, which is a challenge on its own, and I saw a mod or two about it, so... no big deal.
Terrans have plenty already, but nobody knows... (I mean, for humans, there is a lot of armors, weapons and stuff)

I would like to hear your thoughts before get my hands on it ;)

Have a great day y'all!

Renatoliu

rawrfisher

I would love a zerg rush on my bases near endgame.  The death balls I get are boring by that point
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Renatoliu

yeah, for zerg I can already imagine lings, banes, roaches and hydras. And imagine roaches and hydras as pawns, and ling/bane as animals... it would be pretty tough.

Austupaio

It's an ambitious but it's definitely do-able. I think actually one of the tougher parts would be the art, merging the art styles in a way that looks good.

rawrfisher

I dont mind if it looks wonky I just need something to challange a 30+ solder colony hidden behind 3 block thick sandbags with barbed wire and pitfalls in front
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

R e h a n

i got idea especially for this
there is Horrors Mod but stucked in A17 which is adding faction similiar to Zerg
you can update and tweak some of source code to make fully functional zerg like nests, morphing larvae, working drones, spreading creeps, infestation to humanlike pawns and structures etc and world tile infection that used in TiberiumRim (i recommend you look to Horrors and TiberiumRim code for reference)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822995067
this is Horrors mod if you dont heard of it
(sry for bad english)