Cannot capture incapacitated refugee

Started by Romi, May 28, 2019, 01:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romi

Any idea how to capture this guy? I can only rescue him, and I won't because he is pretty useless.
Already tried to make a small prison and I still wasn't able to capture him, he doesn't show up either when reforming the caravan.
Left a few screenshots links bellow:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1htt_f9KEGIrcZ6MkQyD4k8mdV05ruPWG

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14xB9yU2dvUXRn1qu7oi-BpLs48KazwCz

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Do you have a prison on the map with the incapacitated pawn ?

Romi

yes I had, i already tried that multiple times, didn't work, didn't think to make a screenshot of it tho.
I can capture people in prisoner camp rescue quest without a problem tho, doesn't work for incapacitated refugee quest I guess.
I also tried to see if there is any right click option in the world map, but the only option is "approach incapacitated refugee", so yeah I have no clue.

Canute

You are right,
there is no option to capture him. You can only offer help/rescue him and he will join.
After that you can try to assest him like all other pawns with a drafted one.

I would consider this as bug, since you can capture crashed pod pawns too.

Romi

the annoying thing is that I tried to arrest him with a drafted pawn in the event map and it didn't work, the arrest option is unavailable.
So yeah, I don't think is a bug tho, I think it was not implemented yet.
Well I guess I won't be able to sell refugees in the market for now. (I never thought I would say that sentence out loud xD)
Well the incapacitated refugee quest is pretty pointless, you have to be very lucky to find somebody at least with ok stats/bio

Canute

So long the pawn is incap. it you can't arrest him i notice too.
But once he is able to move, you can arrest him.
QuoteWell I guess I won't be able to sell refugees in the market for now. (I never thought I would say that sentence out loud xD)
Slavery isn't forbidden at Rimworld, but you shouldn't say it loud at the real world ! :-)

The event is basicly not pointless, since you can increase your colony with that. But it isn't at my priority list to doing it either.
You still can maybe capture some of the guards, salvage some stuff like mortars/turrets and such stuff and just ignore the incap. refuge.

Romi

lol yeah I could just rescue then arrest , but that's going to tank a bit the mood of my colonists.
Well I guess I'm not going to bother much with refugee quests then XD
and yeah i shouldn't say that I "approve" slavery out loud :)

Edit: yeah it's not pointless, scavenging for equipment and stuff is the best part :)
and trust me you have better chances to find the pawns that ambush you with better stats than the person you are actually trying to rescue xD
isn't RimWorld just lovely? xD

B@R5uk

This is not slavery. This is selling rights of caring over prisoners to the third party.

On the topic: this behaviour was made on purpose. In Beta times you needed to capture these refugees as in case you just rescued them they could walk away. So game deves went to another extreme and now we have what we have.

So I always leave these refs aside. They are just waste of time and man-workhours. Better save-load and get some global event with real good stuff like resurrector serum or psychic soother.