Communication between Caravan and Colony

Started by Skryabin, May 29, 2019, 01:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryabin

This might seem to be not very important, but from a scenario (story) point of view what do you think: is there any communication between caravans and colony and how does it work? If we assume there are radios or some other portable com devices, does it mean that there is no connection for tribals or when you did not research electricity? What are your thoughts about that?

Romi

yeah lol I just been wondering the same thing.
But tbh if we think too much about it we are going to break down the whole game, like who is controlling all of the colonists? a god perhaps? :)
so yeah, let's not think too much about it.

Canute

I am unsure if they have any communication anyway.
The connecting part are YOU, the god of these colony.
Because the game allow you to direct control all pawns. At this reason you can see anything.
In the past, before the caravan system got created, a mod allowed you to send out investigations team you couldn't control and you don't got any influence what at these until they came back to your map.

Hans Lemurson

I think it's pretty clear that you're some sort of psychic mind-controlling entity who captures and enslaves the free peoples of the world and bends them to your will.  Is it any wonder that the inhabitants of the world dedicate themselves so fiercely to your destruction?

Given that wanderers will join voluntarily, your psychic emanations must extend some distance away from your hive colony with enough strength to at least affect their subconscious impulses, so it's not implausible that you could maintain a conscious connection with entities who have already merged with the great link.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.