impossible to harvest sunflower

Started by Boloss31, May 30, 2019, 06:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boloss31

Canute

Because without a mod a sunflower don't give anything after a harvest. So it is just an decoration.
Only animal's geting some food from eating it.

Kirby23590

Were you planning to eat them?

They are just Decor for making your colony to look nice and pretty and avoid making it look around for your colonists when blood or dirt is spilled around the room where the Flower is...

Sunflower Seeds are the New pickle!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Boloss31

i thought i would make oil with it or give it to my cattel

Canute

Then you need a thought to data converter, which convert your thoughts into a mods ! :-)

But without such a mod, a sunflower just be a decoration like a rose.
And don't say you can made an oil of rose-leafes that would increase the mood or let the next other gender social interaction become a romance ! :-)

B@R5uk

Sunflowers? Do you mean dandelions? Well, this is only plantable that I know of that has no yield and do not grow indoors like roses. I like growing this herb when I play on arid and desert biomes as there is no natural grass at all for your home animals like dromdaries and I don't like blowing up colony wealth by raising and storing a lot of hay for them.

Bozobub

Of note:  Dandelions (there is no "sunflower" in the base game) increase colonist mood, are fast-growing fodder for herbivorous animals, and look nice =).
Thanks, belgord!

Kirby23590

Still food for Cattle... Just plant em' outside and let your cows eat them ( if they are allowed to in if it's in their zone. )

And if you want to make Oil or you mean Chemfuel in this case... Just plant tons of potatoes or just chop lots of wood and throw it into the Biofuel Refinery with your haulers... Simple if you're in a biome that has tons of trees or soil! :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.