Mildew: how to set priority to cutting infected crops

Started by Boloss31, May 31, 2019, 07:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boloss31

hello i have an infection in my fields ; but when i set priority to one in cutting they harvest and turn the back to infected plant. How to avoid mildew by the way?

Limdood

Blight (which is what is ruining your plants) spreads.

This means that if you cut one plant, then replant it, if there are other blighted plants nearby, the blight might spread right back to the plant you just cut.  There are two solutions...1) queue up all the plant cut jobs (you can manually assign them, and queue them up with shift clicking), then go back and recut any new plants that got blighted while cutting the first go-thru...2) click on the growing zone, uncheck "allow sowing", then cut the plants.  This will prevent ANYONE from planting any new plants in that growing zone, so you won't risk brand new plants growing and being infected or your plant cutter stopping after every plant to plant a new one.  You still might need to do 2 check-throughs of the blighted plants, because in between marking plants for cutting and actually cutting them all, it's possible for the blight to spread to other healthy, existing plants that weren't already marked for cutting.

Canute

I just ask my self why does he made another topic when he ask basicly the same here
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48849.0

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Limdood on May 31, 2019, 09:06:45 AM
Blight (which is what is ruining your plants) spreads.

This means that if you cut one plant, then replant it, if there are other blighted plants nearby, the blight might spread right back to the plant you just cut.  There are two solutions...1) queue up all the plant cut jobs (you can manually assign them, and queue them up with shift clicking), then go back and recut any new plants that got blighted while cutting the first go-thru...2) click on the growing zone, uncheck "allow sowing", then cut the plants.  This will prevent ANYONE from planting any new plants in that growing zone, so you won't risk brand new plants growing and being infected or your plant cutter stopping after every plant to plant a new one.  You still might need to do 2 check-throughs of the blighted plants, because in between marking plants for cutting and actually cutting them all, it's possible for the blight to spread to other healthy, existing plants that weren't already marked for cutting.

Don't have them replant right away, make sure they cut all the blighted away first. Just turn off sowing for that grow zone until the cutting is done. There is a button for that on the panel at the bottom of the screen when the zone is selected.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Canute on May 31, 2019, 10:39:26 AM
I just ask my self why does he made another topic when he ask basicly the same here.

He's new... C'mon give him a chance even if he's a newbie in the rims, we're here to help them right?

Also @Boloss31 you might want to check out Allow Tool if you don't have it installed in your mod list.

Basically it has a plant cut option that you can you that makes it all cut all blighted plants in the entire map. Just right click the Plant cut icon and select cut all blighted plants... I just made sure that most of the colonists have Plant cutting set to high priority...

Just keep repeating the cut all blighted plants until the game says there's no more of them...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

BLACK_FR

Cmong guys, it's easy question.
Just mark all blighted crops to cut (not harvest) and set priorities of cut plant to 1 (and other tasks with bigger priority).
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

Limdood

Quote from: BLACK_FR on June 04, 2019, 09:51:12 AM
Cmong guys, it's easy question.
Just mark all blighted crops to cut (not harvest) and set priorities of cut plant to 1 (and other tasks with bigger priority).

and lets say he takes only your advice....he marks the infected plants to cut, sets plant cut to 1, then thinks "alright! done with that!  time to focus on something else" and comes back later to find ALL his crops blighted because the blight spread in between marking the plants to cut, and the colonists cutting the last marked plant.

That's why those who've responded did so with multi-step instructions so that the job gets done RIGHT.

BLACK_FR

You can't deal with almost any events like that. Until you dealt with it you have to pay attention. For example if there is raid you can't just put your pawns in good places, unpause and go make a tea. I assumed that, at least.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

Limdood

Quote from: BLACK_FR on June 06, 2019, 10:57:51 AM
You can't deal with almost any events like that. Until you dealt with it you have to pay attention. For example if there is raid you can't just put your pawns in good places, unpause and go make a tea. I assumed that, at least.
really?  you can deal with solar flare, short circuit, heat wave, cold snap, toxic fallout, volcanic winter, eclipse, all minor mental breaks EXCEPT pyromaniac, psychic mood penalties and plenty more by changing some settings (schedule, zones, or work priorities) and/or assigning some tasks and then ignoring it.  In fact other than combat, (some) fires, and pawns leaving the map, blight is one of the only negative events that DOES require checking up on